Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2002 10:07:38 PM EDT
Any Browning HP shooters here?  I'm wondering what a decent price on a used Practical model with 2 mags would be.  A local store that usually runs high has one for 569 with two mags and case.  I've wanted a HP for a while, and this is a nice gun, but don't want one bad enough to get rooked on the price!  Also...I don't see many around, are they getting rare at all?  Finally, any magazine info for hi caps?  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
BTW, I know you are gonna get that dude on this thread who says the handgun forum is looking for a few good handgunners.  Problem is that board hasn't reached critical mass yet.

Price on your possible BHP is pretty good, assuming the mags are high caps and the gun is in nice condition.

Mec-Gar makes good mags.  Price on them is around $30, when you can find them.  Genuine Browning mags are somewhere around $50 now.

The KDM (or is it KDF, something like that) mags that are marketed as either South African or Argie are good too, although a bitch to load.  They are only $20 at CDNN.

I have never known someone to buy a BHP and be sorry.  I have a pair, and although I am not a big 9mm fan these guns get shot a lot, because (a) they are great guns, and (b) 9mm is a lot cheaper than .45.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:55:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I sold my Hi-Power Practical (chrome frame, burr hammer) in December for $500 and the guy felt like he got a great deal.  I traded my plastic HK USP for it.

I've owned several HPs over the years and I like the Practical the most.  Since Browning allegedly isn't making them any more, I'd give as much as $550 for a clean Practical model with the burr (commander) type hammer.

I wish I hadn't sold it, but I needed M16 money.

Jon

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]
kicker what store where you looking at? To me $569 is a little on the high side for a used HP. Don't know if you are in the OKC area but Southwest Shooters and Outdoor America normally have HiPowers instock. HiPowers are harder to find than before but  don't get fooled by dealers who try to jack up the price by saying that no more are being made.

J_E_D, Browning never made HiPowers. Fabrique Nationale in Belgium makes them and they are stamped Browning for the US market.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:59:20 AM EDT
[#4]

J_E_D, Browning never made HiPowers. Fabrique Nationale in Belgium makes them and they are stamped Browning for the US market.

Then let me rephrase that AND be more specific.  When I contacted a local dealer who normally tries to stock Browning products the dealer told me that Browning wasn't making (his words) the HP any more and that they are no longer available.  Since then I've seen several NIB HP Practicals for sale in both .40 and 9mm.

I'm not convinced that they're unavailable but given the prices I've seen they might as well be.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#5]
FN, what are they going for at outdoor america new?  And...do they have any practicals that you know of?  BTW, this store is in Poteau, in southeastern Oklahoma.  Outdoor america always has cool stuff!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top