Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 12:49:46 PM EDT
I am still shopping for a AR15 and looked at a Professional Ordanance today, very light and pricey, what are the opinions of the Forum experts?

So far I have narrowed my search to RRA and Bushmaster.

Thanks,

77Bronc
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:38:31 PM EDT
If you don't want to waste your money, stick with your narrowed choices.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:52:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2002 5:18:56 PM EDT by Gunbert]
Had a model 97. It went back to the factory 3 times. Still didn't work right. Paid $1000 for it, sold it for $650 and felt lucky.

Moral of my story: Stay far, far away from them.

Edited to add; Welcome to AR15.com!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:27:07 PM EDT
Don't ever buy Professional Ordnance. They have only made one functioning rifle, and I own it. So if you were lucky enough to be me than its a great gun. But, you are not and they never have nor never will make another functioning rifle. Or so I am told. I like the Pro Ordnance but Bushmaster is still my favorite, I like to feel the weight of the gun in my hands.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:46:54 PM EDT
I bought one about a year ago. And that was before I had seen all the negative posts on them. My first time shooting it, it jammed the first three shots and after the third shot the extractor broke.Hmmm, I wasn't very happy, especially after seeing all the negatives AFTER it broke! I sent the broken extractor in to them where they sent me a all new bolt and now my fears go away more and more everytime I shoot it. I have got about 1000 rounds through it and it shoots great without no malfunctions. I love the weight of it, or lack thereof and I installed a red dot, and it a great shooter. Maybe I also got on of the only ones but I love mine. It won't take the place of my colt, but I am happy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:56:29 PM EDT
I bought a carbon 15 pistol when they first came out.It never left the box till i saw all the negative postings on them.I took it out to the range ran 200 + rounds through it and never had a problem.I did use thermolds which seemed to fit much better.

Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:00:31 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up, I will take the advise of experienced users, I am never one to re-invent the wheel.

The two choices that I have are the RRA 16" Flat Top or the Bushmaster 16" with Aluminum Handguard.

I am also leaning towards the new Leupold red dot scope.

Thanks,

77Bronc
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:25:22 PM EDT
Ordnance!

OrdNANCE!

ORDNANCE!!!­

Professional ORDNANCE

PLEASE!

Top Top