BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Once you submit it, you’ll get an email with a copy of the PDF attached. It will also have the cover sheet need to mail in the fingerprint cards. If you’re using an iDevice, the attachment won’t show up in the default Mail app. You’ll need to log into webmail using a browser, or use a laptop/desktop, or log into EForms and retrieve it.
View Quote

thanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
How long does it normally take to remove the "DRAFT" watermark error on approved forms? It's been over 2 weeks and they have yet to fix it. Sent 2 messages via the "Ask the Experts" link and have not received any response.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By amos1909:
We (wife and I) are trying to complete a Form 1 using Family Trust and are on the Responsible Persons section.  The RPQ was changed from jpeg to pdf using SodaPDF and it is too large of a file (4 mb).  Do we need to upload both pages?  How do I get the scanned images into pdf that is a small enough file?

We did try to compress the pdf and it went from 5078 to 5068 mb.

Thank you!

@BigWaylon
View Quote
@amos1909

Check your scanner settings/options. There should be an option to scan as a particular file type. Don't scan as a .jpg or .png (image files). Scan directly to .pdf. My trust is 17 pages. Scanned directly to .pdf at 200 dpi greyscale/B&W, it's 2.35 MB.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sprocket99:
@amos1909

Check your scanner settings/options. There should be an option to scan as a particular file type. Don't scan as a .jpg or .png (image files). Scan directly to .pdf. My trust is 17 pages. Scanned directly to .pdf at 200 dpi greyscale/B&W, it's 2.35 MB.
View Quote
Yep, that is what we did.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 3:30:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mdavis] [#6]
Any consensus on what should go in 4(h)? This is my first time going the efile route and with prior paper Form 1s I have had approved (as of the past few years), I put my first name, last name and city, state in that box as that is what I will be engraving on the lower receiver. Part of me says if it isn't broke, don't fix it, so I should continue to put information in there given I intend to engrave it as such.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I submitted EForm 1 October 24th and sent fingerprints in on the 26th.  How will I know that they got the fingerprints?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
this is my first form 1. just got an email from fbatfe that says returned without action. what does that mean?
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:16:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: weapons_free] [#12]

That means there was an issue that was never fixed. Any explanation attached? Maybe the last page?

Possibly no fingerprints sent/received?
View Quote

Got an email this morning saying its delayed due to them being busy/overloaded. Idk I have 7 stamps on form 4s and 2 pending
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Returned with no action isn’t even close to the same as delayed.

If you log into EForms, is it still under Submitted?
View Quote

yes. there has been no change on my atf efile profile since my check was cashed, it looks the same
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#15]
@BigWaylon
For each cover letter we're supposed to submit 2 finger print cards.
If we're doing multiple Eform 1 at the same time, can we submit 5 cover letters with 2 finger print cards if we mail them in the same envelope instead of mailing 10 finger print cards for the 5 cover letters?

On Eform 1 in the RPQ Section of the website where you have to attach the signed RPQ and your passport picture it asks for your SS#.
On the Form 1 it says your SS# is not required, so if a SS# was not entered in that box on the website will it affect the submission from being approved?

Lastly, is there any written guidance from the ATF on when the CLEO should be notified OR can the mailing to the CLEO be done at anytime up to and including after the forms are approved?
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:17:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firepyro515] [#17]

1. Two cards per RP in the same envelope with multiple cover sheets is fine.
2. Don’t know for sure. Never heard anybody report back on it either way.
3. The intent is to give local LEO time to notify the ATF if there are reasons it shouldn’t be approved. The form itself just says it needs to be sent. It also includes:

Submission. The maker shall submit 2 complete forms (ATF copy and registrant copy) with original signatures to the NFA Division at the address on the face of the form. The applicant shall direct a 3rd complete copy of the form to the chief local law enforcement officer (CLEO) as provided in instruction 2g and item 10.

I haven't seen anything that gives a specific timeline, but it’s generally accepted that you do it at the same time.
View Quote

@BigWaylon - FastCar asked me that same question in a different thread. In the CFR, it states that the CLEO notification must be submitted prior to submitting the application to the Director. While it isn't a "strict" timetable, it does mean the form has to be sent to the CLEO prior to the Form 1/4 hitting the examiners desk/computer.

27 CFR § 479.62 is for the application to make and 27 CFR § 479.84 is for the application to transfer

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:49:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#18]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I am embarking on this for the first time. So hopefully I got this straight!

I submitted my F1 eform on Sunday.

I printed out the 5320.23 form that was digitally submitted with my trust, Picture, etc on the reform. So I need to mail the copy of the 5320.23 to my Sheriff and also send the Cover letter, finger print cards (x2), and another printed version of the 5320.23 form to ATF.

Is there anything else I am missing?

This is for my M203. I am going to do an SBS next.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#21]

You need to send the CLEO copies of the Form 1 and the 5320.23 RPQ to the CLEO you put on the forms (no actual requirement you used the same one on both, but is bet most people do).

You don’t send anything to the ATF except the cover sheet and FP cards.
View Quote

ahh okay, that makes more sense. Thank you for clearing that up for me!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Just wanted to say thanks for answering misc questions I’ve asked in the last 2 months On here..  @BigWaylon

Just got my first efile back approved without a hassle.

Not to bad, had this thread open while filling it out.

Had more problems with the system then anything.

Owe ya a beer or 10  
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Signed and submitted my eForm 1 - kicks me back to the homepage logged out.

When I log back in, my Form 1 is still under Drafts and there is nothing about it being submitted or anything.

What's weird is that I received an email confirmation for the $200 payment almost instantaneously, but still haven't received any email with the cover letter everyone is talking about.

What gives?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Open it back up and go to the last tab. See if the Submit button is now clickable (Pay should be greyed out now).

Paying isn't the final step. Submitting is...and that's when you'll get the second email. Wasn't exactly clear if you'd done both.

Hopefully you had the green bar at the top and not the yellow warning...else you're headed for Pending Research.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
Signed and submitted my eForm 1 - kicks me back to the homepage logged out.

When I log back in, my Form 1 is still under Drafts and there is nothing about it being submitted or anything.

What's weird is that I received an email confirmation for the $200 payment almost instantaneously, but still haven't received any email with the cover letter everyone is talking about.

What gives?

Open it back up and go to the last tab. See if the Submit button is now clickable (Pay should be greyed out now).

Paying isn't the final step. Submitting is...and that's when you'll get the second email. Wasn't exactly clear if you'd done both.

Hopefully you had the green bar at the top and not the yellow warning...else you're headed for Pending Research.

So weird - I tried it again this afternoon and it worked this time - finally went through and is showing as submitted now.

Also got the email with cover letter and form copies.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I feel like this is a dumb question, but for the CLEO Copies - am I just stuffing these in an envelope and mailing them to my CLEO?

The don't need any kind of note or explanation - they'll just know what it is and what to do with it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Correct. Instructions are on the form. If they can't figure it out, hopefully they just trash it.

I fold mine in thirds, stuff it in a regular envelope, and stick a forever stamp on it. Not worried a bit about tracking, or if it ever actually gets there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
I feel like this is a dumb question, but for the CLEO Copies - am I just stuffing these in an envelope and mailing them to my CLEO?

The don't need any kind of note or explanation - they'll just know what it is and what to do with it?

Correct. Instructions are on the form. If they can't figure it out, hopefully they just trash it.

I fold mine in thirds, stuff it in a regular envelope, and stick a forever stamp on it. Not worried a bit about tracking, or if it ever actually gets there.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:30:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wakebrdr142] [#30]
Need some help to see if I screwed up my first Form 1's

This is 2 Form 1's with a trust for 2 Colt lowers.  

Under block 4a it asks for name and address of original manufacturer.  I used the provided drop down menus and it came up with Colt, United States.

On the 5320.23 responsible persons form I used Colt Defense.  Hartford Connecticut 06110.

I'm mostly concerned with the Colt, United States as all of my Form 4's have a city and state.

I haven't submitted my prints yet as this was submitted last night.  What do you think?

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Not an issue. That’s just how EForms does it.
View Quote

Awesome, thank you for confirming!
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By mustangfreek:
Just wanted to say thanks for answering misc questions I’ve asked in the last 2 months On here..  @BigWaylon

Just got my first efile back approved without a hassle.

Not to bad, had this thread open while filling it out.

Had more problems with the system then anything.

Owe ya a beer or 10  
View Quote

I just did the same thing today. Had this page open and filled in the form, triple checked everything, printed out my cover sheet and CLEO copy and just dropped them off the two mail packets in the mail.

Thanks @BigWaylon for setting up this visual page and others for their comments. I read through the whole thing and was super useful.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#34]
@BigWaylon

Thank you for the time and effort you have put into this; it was an invaluable resource when going through the Form 1 process. I also appreciate your willingness to answer my question when I goofed on the name.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 8:43:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gqllc] [#35]
When I do the responsible persons form it said to affix a picture on the form? What was the purpose of uploading the picture or do I not have to affix a picture with the upload. I take it I print out 2 of the responsible person form and then sign it and rescan it and upload it to the efile. One copy goes to CLEO which thy said don't put your SS number? Do I send a picture to the CLEO as well?  Do I send a finger print card to CLEO? Also do I put SBR or Short Barrel Rifle?  Thanks and sorry for so many questions   I have been trying to follow the efile sticky but I am dense apparently
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:58:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: turbojosrt4] [#36]
Deleted
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I just submitted my first Efile form 1. The web sight was already glitchy and kept locking up and logging me out. I was able to successfully complete and submit it, but upon reviewing the document from the email I noticed a couple of errors. I included my street address in the main address box, not in 3c, and under H I did not include my makers name, and J did not check the box for firearm. With the way it was glitching I just missed those.

Any idea if that can be corrected without rejecting my application? Everything submitted normally and payment was processed?
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Just filed my first Eform1.  Smooth as could be.  No spinning wheels, glitches etc.  Wasn't the most intuitive website but I got it figured out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Okay @BigWaylon I have a question I cant find the answer to. On the RPQ is the maker me, or the trust ( box 4b ) ?

I may have others as I read and work on it. I think I have every thing correct except this part.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#41]

What did you put on the Form 1?

It’s generally going to be the name engraved on the firearm (for example, who made AR lower you’re turning into an SBR?), or the trust name if starting with an 80% lower, solvent trap, etc.

If you’re asking about it for a Form 4, it’ll be the manufacturer/maker that created the firearm. It’s definitely not you…but in some circumstances it will be the trust. But it’s usually an existing company.
View Quote

its a trust for a silencer, so I will put the trust name.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Excellent guide!

I'm gearing up for two SBR Form1's, one now and one in a few weeks. The Responsible person area is different than last time, mid 2021.

When adding missing information you have to click to the right under actions "Edit Line Item".
Default only shows Title, F and L name, State, City, Street, DOB, Sex and Race. You can't edit them on the main screen as seen in your updated photos

old
Attachment Attached File

new
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#44]
It's been a few years since I've used e-forms, is there any big changes in the new e-forms that I should be on the lookout for?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#45]
I can't get the add responsible person feature to work. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#47]
About to do my first nfa. I have a question about the serial number.

My lower is an armalite M15 with the Pegasus engraving.

Serial number is
PGS-0001XX
Do I exclude "PGS-"  

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:
About to do my first nfa. I have a question about the serial number.

Serial number is
PGS-0001XX
Do I exclude "PGS-"  

View Quote

Negative
The "PGS" is part of the serial number.

So you would enter "PGS-0001XX"

Exactly as it is on the lower is my understanding
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:  About to do my first nfa. I have a question about the serial number.

Serial number is
PGS-0001XX
Do I exclude "PGS-"
View Quote

No.  You just said it's part of the serial number.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

No.  You just said it's part of the serial number.
View Quote

Well to be fair i wasn't sure. I just dont want to screw and have to redo it.

Thanks!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top