BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 56cbr600rr:
So I have pic and everything uploaded. When I go to view form should it show my document with pic attached or will they do that themselves?
View Quote
Mine did. It was sideways.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
they do it themselves.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Just attach the photo and it will show up after the form is submitted.  Mine showed on the submitted email I received afterward.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Originally Posted By np149:
Thanks for this post! I have another dumb question!

I just received my approved Form 1 this morning. I had a few hiccups in the submission process that caused the first attempt to get rejected. The corrected second attempt flew through. My question is that my approved Form 1 says DRAFT across the face of it in a large, bold greyed out watermark. Do they all look like that when they are approved? I thought I read that somewhere on here in the past, but I couldn't find the thread to see what the answer was.

Thanks!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/IMG_2972_JPG-763294.jpg
Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Don’t know if it’s been pointed out, but the Silencer Shop video/link isn’t working.

Found another how to by Capital Armory

Link Posted: 4/6/2019 6:17:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Default-Gateway] [#6]
I'm filling out a efile 1 for a suppressor.  As far as the manufacturer, model number and serial number.  What do I put for these?  thanks

@BigWaylon

NM, I think I got it.  I used FMI, N/A and then made up a serial.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, that should work.

Just make sure the SN had at least one numeral.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Default-Gateway:
I'm filling out a efile 1 for a suppressor.  As far as the manufacturer, model number and serial number.  What do I put for these?  thanks

@BigWaylon

NM, I think I got it.  I used FMI, N/A and then made up a serial.
Yep, that should work.

Just make sure the SN had at least one numeral.
 Thanks
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#9]
So ,my previous sbrs have been separate single shot trusts thru silencer shop. If I want to do the efile it looks like I need to set up a different type trust, correct? One that can have multiple firearms associated with it? How does one go about doing this?
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 7:12:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotanATFagent] [#11]
It looks like I can e-file as an individual (which is great)

Anything different I need to look out for when filing as an individual?
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NotanATFagent:

View Quote
Have you been using efile as a trust or is this just the first efile?
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 5:48:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotanATFagent] [#13]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

This is my first e-file

All my other NFA items are paper individuals
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#14]
It's very similar to paper filing, just off the top of my head you don't have to put down what your going to engrave on the gun. I found a couple of walkthroughs as
I was filling my first efile out, you can save and go back to it as many times as you like, only after you pay and finalize you can't.  I actually took a picture from
my latest paper approved form and scanned it and cropped the pic to upload. Just take your time and if you get stuck just ask on here, someone will get back quick.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#15]
all the online guides sort of gloss over the part about the fingerprinting. I ordered and received a stack of the FD-258 fingerprint forms but am confused. Can I take my own prints and just send in 2 completed sheets with the cover letter and completed Form 1? What do you put for signature of official taking fingerprints and the employer and address?? Do you complete all the boxes at the top of the FD258 or as many as you can, ie height, weight, alias, race, DOB, Armed forces, etc?
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#17]

It's in the 41F "Work In Progress" sticky: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/465636_Work_In_Progress__new_F1_F4_guide_for_41F_submissions.html&page=1#i4612894

That link should take you to the post you need.
View Quote
Perfect. thank you!
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm filling out the SBR manufacturer and manufacturer country fields right now ...

Would my M92 SBR be listed as Zastava, Serbia?  Or as Century Arms, United States?

It was imported by Century Arms, and that's how another member here did it.  I just want to do it correctly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks again for the walk-through, @BigWaylon. I skimmed through it again last night and this morning.

My last eForm 1 only took 169 days to be approved. You'd think I'd have learned from that. Sadly, no. Just filed another one this morning. Got the emails for payment confirmation and (I presume) fingerprint cover letter within a couple of minutes, so I've apparently done something right. Prints and CLEO notification will hit the mail in the morning.

This is one also went smoothly, and much quicker than the first one since I (kind of) know what I'm doing. It's getting easier to feed the addiction. Now, if it'll just get faster...
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm filling out the SBR manufacturer and manufacturer country fields right now ...

Would my M92 SBR be listed as Zastava, Serbia?  Or as Century Arms, United States?

It was imported by Century Arms, and that's how another member here did it.  I just want to do it correctly.
View Quote
Zastava, Serbia.  That's what's on my approved form 1 from 2014.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank you BigWaylon for a helpful guide. You cost me $200 yesterday.

In case things evolved over the years, can someone confirm the steps after receiving the eForms Application Submission Notification email?

1.  For ATF, do I simply mail a hard copy of CoverLetter.pdf and two finger print cards now?  
Uploaded during the application online:  
∙ Photograph of each RP (on Responsible Persons screen)
∙ Scanned 5320.23 for each RP, signed (on Responsible Persons screen)
∙ Scanned trust document, signed and notarized (on Electronic Documents screen)
Also, I paid the tax online by credit card, and Form.pdf with the SUBMITTED watermark comes from ATF in the first place.

2. For the CLEO, I believe they get:
∙ Printed pages 4-6 of Form.pdf with the SUBMITTED watermark from ATF
∙ Printed pages 3-4 of 5320.23, responsible person questionnaire (original ink?)
In this case, I'm the only RP (grantor/trustee) so no additional CLEO notifications, and I'm sending to State AG.

Speaking of evolving process, for silencer model, I didn't see "N/A" so I selected "NONE" from the drop-down list.  I hope they don't expect me to engrave "NONE" as the model name  
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DerpSouth:
Thank you BigWaylon for a helpful guide. You cost me $200 yesterday.

In case things evolved over the years, can someone confirm the steps after receiving the eForms Application Submission Notification email?

1.  For ATF, do I simply mail a hard copy of CoverLetter.pdf and two finger print cards now?  
Uploaded during the application online:  
∙ Photograph of each RP (on Responsible Persons screen)
∙ Scanned 5320.23 for each RP, signed (on Responsible Persons screen)
∙ Scanned trust document, signed and notarized (on Electronic Documents screen)
Also, I paid the tax online by credit card, and Form.pdf with the SUBMITTED watermark comes from ATF in the first place.

∙ Printed pages 3-4 of 5320.23, responsible person questionnaire (original ink?)
In this case, I'm the only RP (grantor/trustee) so no additional CLEO notifications, and I'm sending to State AG.

Speaking of evolving process, for silencer model, I didn't see "N/A" so I selected "NONE" from the drop-down list.  I hope they don't expect me to engrave "NONE" as the model name  
View Quote
You didn't want to make up a model name?

As Waylon said, I believe you are good to go
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Unless I misread something, all ^that^ looks right.

Not sure about N/A not being there...I used it within the last couple months.
View All Quotes
Unless I misread something, all ^that^ looks right.

Not sure about N/A not being there...I used it within the last couple months.
Thanks! Maybe N/A was there and I didn't see it.  I'll try to screenshot when I'm not mobile, although more for curiosity than anything else. After all, NONE and N/A are functionally equivalent model numbers. I hope.

You didn't want to make up a model name?
I'm thinking about engraving the mount instead of the tube. If so, the fewer characters the better.

Although I admit a perverse desire to make several F1 silencers with the same serial but different models.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 8:46:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PAESAN] [#26]
Considering doing my first Form 1... have a set of hard copy prints from 2018. Can I use them?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 12:22:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PAESAN] [#28]
I would. There’s nothing in the regulations that say they’re expire.

Of course if you have the free cards and a fingerprint pad, it won’t be hard to knock out some fresh ones if they’re kicked back. Go ahead and roll a bunch but don’t put a date on them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SLAPPYROOTZ:
Considering doing my first Form 1... have a set of hard copy prints from 2018. Can I use them?
I would. There’s nothing in the regulations that say they’re expire.

Of course if you have the free cards and a fingerprint pad, it won’t be hard to knock out some fresh ones if they’re kicked back. Go ahead and roll a bunch but don’t put a date on them.
Sounds good. They were done in advance of a can that never materialized. Dated 6/18/18. Thinking I’m going to give them a go. Thanks.

ETA: I called and ATF suggested that I get new ones done. So, I am (to avoid a delay).
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#29]

I think the only limitation there is SS won’t issue you a single shot trust to use in your own? (Not 100% clear on how they deal with that)

You can still do a single shot style trust with EForms. Get a new trust, name it whatever you want, and then duplicate it and change the name as many times as you want.

Or just get a trust and keep adding stuff to it.

Or file as an individual.

There is no “must do it this way” rule...
View Quote
Can you efile as an individual?
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Can you efile as an individual?
View Quote
Absolutely.  When https://eforms.atf.gov/EForms/ is working.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Just filed my individual form 1, but now I'm a little concerned, if converting (making) an SBR from commercial receiver do I need to put anything in box 4H on my application, as I left it blank, thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:52:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DerpSouth:

View Quote
Ooops, I almost missed this.  So, the ATF is not sending the CLEO the info, and I must do this on my own?

Would CLEO then notify ATF that I have sent them the papers to close the loop?  What if I had failed to send them these documents?

Thanks again, BigWaylon, such a service to the community!

Link Posted: 9/29/2019 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#35]
OK, just did my first eForm-1 and have a question.

When I printed out the form, block h "Additional Description" is blank. I don't remember seeing this information block when I filled out the eform. Did I mess up or is this filled in by the ATF?
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#37]

You were presented that item when you were doing the line item details. You may have even put something in there, but it never shows up on the form for some reason.
View Quote
Really? Admittedly, I have a really small sample size (2). Box H is populated on both of mine. Both SBRs, if that matters.

The first one had Trust name, city, state in box H. The more recent one just says "SHORT BARRELED RIFLE." Strikes me as odd, since I'm sure not engraving that phrase anywhere on my weapon.

Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for the replies. I know on my previous paper filed Form 1s block h had my full name, city, and state.

I know that what has to be engraved, being the maker, on my silencer but thought it was odd it didn't show on the form.

Oh well, as long as they have been approved without that block filled, I'll carry on.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#40]
OK, another noob eForm 1 question.

When I go on the ATF page my Form 1 is marked approved, with a finalized date of 15OCT2019, but when I view the form it still has the submitted watermark on it. How long does it take, normally, to get the email from ATF with the APPROVED form1?
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:
OK, another noob eForm 1 question.

When I go on the ATF page my Form 1 is marked approved, with a finalized date of 15OCT2019, but when I view the form it still has the submitted watermark on it. How long does it take, normally, to get the email from ATF with the APPROVED form1?
View Quote
It’s usually pretty quick.  I’d use the “Ask the Experts” functions to get the approved copy without the draft watermark.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 9:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyPilot12] [#43]

Did you also get and email saying it was approved? There’s not a second step to update the Form 1. It all happens at once. But there’s a known issue with the watermarks as was mentioned above.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/IMG_2972_JPG-763294.jpg
View Quote
I got an email on the 15th but it said the status  has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS but the on line the status is shown as approved as of that date. The attachment that came with the email has the submitted watermark.

I submitted an "ask the expert" and will wait to see what they say before I start drilling.

ETA This morning, 22OCT19, I got an email with a copy of the approved Form 1.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#44]
To confirm:
I -do- have to submit a schedule of property for the filing?
Reason I'm asking is that my trust instructions (SCTexas did mine) indicate to NOT send the schedule. But it looks like I now have to in order to use the eFile.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:
To confirm:
I -do- have to submit a schedule of property for the filing?
Reason I'm asking is that my trust instructions (SCTexas did mine) indicate to NOT send the schedule. But it looks like I now have to in order to use the eFile.
View Quote
I'd go with what your Trust instructions say. My Trust (by GunTrustGuru) doesn't even have a Schedule A. It's all a matter of how the Trust Agreement is worded.

When I eFile, I include the scanned Assignment document. That's proof that the gun in question is actually owned by the Trust. ATF has no need to know what else it owns. They already know about the Title II goodies. The rest is none of their damn business.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Without doubt, the eFile system is the absolute worst electronic information exchange I have ever worked with. Multiple data losses, boots, and lost info. Trying to get this Form 1 completed is a giant PITA.
I haven't seen something this screwed up since I was trying to register for classes via a phone system in the 90s. And even that worked better.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Trying to upload the .23 and the passport pic, and it will not accept either. They are both of the correct file type and well within the size limits. I upload them, it shows successful, and then I have file size 0 on the electronic document page and I can't certify. This is beyond frustrating.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Had to delete the original form draft, then start over. Finally got everything accepted without getting kicked back to the .23 and pic, got the payment in. Tomorrow I'm off to ship the print cards and CLEO notification off.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Are these still coming back approved with digital stamps only and no physical stamp in snail mail?
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top