Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked C&R deals IN STOCK NOW! (Page 2 of 13)
Page / 13
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, love me some cheap Mosins!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CKyleC:
I'm not a C&R license holder.
View Quote

then u r screwed
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dwcopple:

then u r screwed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CKyleC:
I'm not a C&R license holder.

then u r screwed

That's what I figured
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:14:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a 1943 M44 mosin in the EE for $295 shipped.  Has a laminated stock.  I'm tempted to get it myself, but already had too much fun this month.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn, this is out of stock but when's the last time you've seen 1,000 rounds of 9x18 mak for $140?  Must have sold out quick!

http://www.slickguns.com/product/wolf-9x18-makarov-92-grain-fmj-1000-rounds-19474-shipped
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Subscribed.  I'm sad I missed those last Two ammo deals.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#8]
The missed opportunity on the Mak ammo makes me
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:
The missed opportunity on the Mak ammo makes me
View Quote

You and me both!  I even had e-mail alerts set up for that an missed it.  Last year I did get 2,000 rounds of mak food for $400 shipped from Sportsman's Guide which was a great deal, but this week's deal even blows that out of the water.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:39:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: walldj45] [#10]
CTD (Hate be upon them) has Tula 30 Carbine for $265/k.

Probably best price I've seen in a while.  I'd buy some but I'm close to broke, and it's CTD.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-606?utm_source=Slickguns&utm_medium=organic
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfg508899] [#11]
C&R highpowers

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3FNHPCR

15 In stock this minute.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#12]
PM me or link me if you guys have a lead on any sub $150 U-Fix-Em or similar Tokarevs
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#13]
PM me or link me if you guys have a lead on any sub $150 U-Fix-Em or similar Tokarevs
View Quote

Have Tok prices gone up recently?  I was at the LGS on Saturday and say a Yugo T57 for $350.  It did have 3 mags, but still.  I thought that was high as hell.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:46:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mavs1306] [#14]
You'll rarely see internet pricing in gun stores, the middle man always raises prices. That's still high, but the available guns are polish and Bulgarian not the m 57.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:39:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#15]
Originally Posted By bfg508899:
C&R highpowers

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3FNHPCR

15 In stock this minute.
View Quote

Hi-Powers are all gone. Really fast too.

Swiss K31s still in stock:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=2331&name=Swiss+K31+7.5x55+Rifles
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Not a Tok, but Yugo M70, TT clone. $199

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/HG0169.aspx

It's not C&R but I wonder if any parts are interchangeable.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By _DR:

View All Quotes

I'll bet they are.  I suspect you could take the barrel and barrel bushing off of one of those and convert a TOK to 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TheDevilYouLove:

I'll bet they are.  I suspect you could take the barrel and barrel bushing off of one of those and convert a TOK to 9mm.
View All Quotes

The last Tokarev I had was a Chinese (Norinco) TT clone in 9x19mm I bought for $125 years ago. But it wasn't very reliable.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:40:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#19]
Keep an eye on Classic's website.  Sounds like they are getting some hot C&R bolt action rifle soon.  K98 maybe???

https://www.classicfirearms.com
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:48:42 AM EDT
[#20]

For you Lee-Enfield guys, BDL has a bunch of nice ones!

http://www.bdlltd.com/Military_Firearms_Curio_%26_Relic.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll bet Enfields are what Classic is getting as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Yugo capture WWII German K98s at J&G sales $250.  These are not M48s etc. but rearsenaled K98s with the Nazi marking scrubbed and the Yugo crest added, but still German made.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:29:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RogueJSK] [#23]

View All Quotes

Be sure to call BDL and inquire if you're interested in something.  Last I checked, their website was out of date by several years, and everything listed had been sold already.

Doubtful.  Based on the silhouette and statement they've posted on their website, it looks and sounds like Mosin-Nagant M91/30s.

Yugo capture WWII German K98s at J&G sales $250.  These are not M48s etc. but rearsenaled K98s with the Nazi marking scrubbed and the Yugo crest added, but still German made.

They also have Gewehr 98-style Yugo Capture Mausers for $30 more.
http://www.jgsales.com/mauser-98-bolt-action-rifle,-8x57,-german-98-rebuilt-by-yugoslavia,-29-inch-long-barrel,-gew-style,-c-r,-used.-p-83319.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:47:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RogueJSK:

Be sure to call BDL and inquire if you're interested in something.  Last I checked, their website was out of date by several years, and everything listed had been sold already.

Doubtful.  Based on the silhouette and statement they've posted on their website, it looks and sounds like Mosin-Nagant M91/30s.

http://www.jgsales.com/mauser-98-bolt-action-rifle,-8x57,-german-98-rebuilt-by-yugoslavia,-29-inch-long-barrel,-gew-style,-c-r,-used.-p-83319.html
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RogueJSK:

Saw that, might order one of those too if the K98 ends up being decent.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:49:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#25]

Copes has Beretta 1951s for $320.  Like them on FB and get a free shipping coupon

http://www.copesdistributing.com/beretta-m1951-semi-auto-pistol-used-p-8659.html
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:58:17 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

You should definitely let us know how that turns out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:52:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#27]
Originally Posted By RedFox1911:

View All Quotes

Picked it up today.

OK don't have time to pics now, will post later. Definitely happy with it. It is thickly coated in cosmoline, has the correct front sight hood, but not the cleaning rod, and has no rust or pitting of any kind that can be seen. Blue finish looks like about 85%, muzzle and chamber look nice on initial inspection. Will check erosion when I get some cartridges tonight, but looks good. The stock looks very decent, only one ding, and a small one at that. action is smooth. It does have the import stamp on the barrel, PW imports.

For $250, I may have to order another.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Picked it up today.

OK don't have time to pics now, will post later. Definitely happy with it. It is thickly coated in cosmoline, has the correct front sight hood, but not the cleaning rod, and has no rust or pitting of any kind that can be seen. Blue finish looks like about 85%, muzzle and chamber look nice on initial inspection. Will check erosion when I get some cartridges tonight, but looks good. The stock looks very decent, only one ding, and a small one at that. action is smooth. It does have the import stamp on the barrel, PW imports.

View All Quotes

Picked it up today.

damn you, trying hard to resist and buy a can instead
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Picked it up today.

Well 8mm ammo is not cheap anymore, so there's one thing against buying another K98.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:09:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Aim has a small batch "50" of Enfield Jungle Carbines. No link. If you cant find them, you dont deserve one. ;)
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:36:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#31]
Originally Posted By djryan13:
Aim has a small batch "50" of Enfield Jungle Carbines. No link. If you cant find them, you dont deserve one. ;)
View Quote

24 left. those look nice, I wish they had the "Hand pick" option.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I wish someone was still selling Chinese T-53 carbines.  Allans Armory just had a small batch that I missed the boat on (and they were a little spendier than when J&G had the for $99).
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:25:25 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Ouch, $550  Glad I got one from the batch about a year ago.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Meh. No option for matching numbers, and "tastefully refinished in the US". I get that some people want a pretty gun, but I like my unrefinished Malaysian No. 5 out of the last batch, stenciled rack numbers and all.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I want a JC and am not opposed to spending $500+ on one, but not for a bubba refurb.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#36]
I want a JC and am not opposed to spending $500+ on one, but not for a bubba refurb.
View Quote

CMP "tastefully refinishes" essentially every gun they sell (all but the auction stuff). Would you call their stuff bubba refurb?

We all get so worked up about refinishing but over 99% of us couldnt tell who did what. I have a ragged ass JC that I wish someone had refurbed. I will put it away as a parts gun and use my new bubba gun as a pretty shooter and collectible and if i decide to sell, no one would no who refurb'ed what and when.

not that i ever sell guns anyway.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#37]

CMP "tastefully refinishes" essentially every gun they sell (all but the auction stuff). Would you call their stuff bubba refurb?

We all get so worked up about refinishing but over 99% of us couldnt tell who did what. I have a ragged ass JC that I wish someone had refurbed. I will put it away as a parts gun and use my new bubba gun as a pretty shooter and collectible and if i decide to sell, no one would no who refurb'ed what and when.

View All Quotes

CMP rifles are a different beast all together.  Like it or not, refurbed milsurps are not worth the same as original finish and arsenal refurbs are worth more than those done commercially.  It is a fact.  With that said, those do look nice and would make for good shooters.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

I've seen examples of these domestically refurbished No. 5s before at shows. They looked pretty, but it was very obvious that they were recent "clean-up" jobs and not legitimate British Commonwealth FTRs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MVolkJ:

I've seen examples of these domestically refurbished No. 5s before at shows. They looked pretty, but it was very obvious that they were recent "clean-up" jobs and not legitimate British Commonwealth FTRs.
View All Quotes

I saw one at a show, too.  I'll admit it looked great.  The seller tried to tell me it was all original.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Meh. No option for matching numbers, and "tastefully refinished in the US". I get that some people want a pretty gun, but I like my unrefinished Malaysian No. 5 out of the last batch, stenciled rack numbers and all.
View Quote

I'm with you on this. I got out of my previous JC just recently because I wanted to downsize. Saw these and thought, maybe i want one back. Just not willing to do so being it's a refurb. They look good, but I would've been more interested in original patina.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#41]

I saw one at a show, too.  I'll admit it looked great.  The seller tried to tell me it was all original.
View All Quotes

But the 10 guys who saw it after you believed him. You can tell some of these people that it was Churchill's personal carry weapon and they would believe it.

Not saying it's great, but it's just how it is.

As for CMP, what they do is no better. I tour their facilities when I took the CMP course last year. They bubba everything.... Do a half ass job cleaning the parts (don't remove gunk from small pockets for example inside the Op rod hole or inside other small cavities) and then they re-park almost all parts - pitted or no.
I own a bunch of CMP rifles and love every one. Not saying I would do it any different at CMP, I am just saying it's just as bad as these JC's. And therefore, I will still be happy to own it.

Oh, I called to ask if they would hand pick. "No, they are all about the same."  I asked about where/how they were re-finished. He "didn't know the details" and wasn't in a rush to help. But oh well, it's still better than my other options which are to pay more on gunbroker for a gun that someone swears is all original and matching and it comes with a nasty refinish and a bubba'ed trigger...

The days of hand picking nice arsenal refinished JC's are over and I missed that boat. So, I am happy to have this one. I will post pics and details when I get it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bsmith918:

CMP rifles are a different beast all together.  Like it or not, refurbed milsurps are not worth the same as original finish and arsenal refurbs are worth more than those done commercially.  It is a fact.  With that said, those do look nice and would make for good shooters.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bsmith918:

Yeah some arsenal refurbs are very good. I have a 1920 DWM Vopo P08 that the commies did an excellent job in their rearsenal.  

The stocks on those jungle carbines all seem a bit different - did they really vary that much from the factory?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:40:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#43]

But the 10 guys who saw it after you believed him. You can tell some of these people that it was Churchill's personal carry weapon and they would believe it.

Not saying it's great, but it's just how it is.

As for CMP, what they do is no better. I tour their facilities when I took the CMP course last year. They bubba everything.... Do a half ass job cleaning the parts (don't remove gunk from small pockets for example inside the Op rod hole or inside other small cavities) and then they re-park almost all parts - pitted or no.
I own a bunch of CMP rifles and love every one. Not saying I would do it any different at CMP, I am just saying it's just as bad as these JC's. And therefore, I will still be happy to own it.

Oh, I called to ask if they would hand pick. "No, they are all about the same."  I asked about where/how they were re-finished. He "didn't know the details" and wasn't in a rush to help. But oh well, it's still better than my other options which are to pay more on gunbroker for a gun that someone swears is all original and matching and it comes with a nasty refinish and a bubba'ed trigger...

The days of hand picking nice arsenal refinished JC's are over and I missed that boat. So, I am happy to have this one. I will post pics and details when I get it.
View Quote

I hadn't just bought a K98 and a Luger, I would consider one of these.  I remember my first Lee-Enfield I bought for $69 in 1985. A really nice clean No1 MkIII. Still kick myself for selling it. These things do slowly go up in value and cost.

Definitely do post pics and details!

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I should add... My theory on the Aim JC's...

they are probably the junk ones from their batch last year. They probably had them re-finished and made to work in the US. I just hope they didn't swap for new stocks. That is my only fear.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Wendelsnatch:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wendelsnatch:

Insane pricing indeed
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#46]
I think Simpson's get's them every now and then.  They aren't bargain priced but you know exactly what you are getting.  As my collection grows I prefer that approach to playing the surplus lottery.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#47]

The stocks on those jungle carbines all seem a bit different - did they really vary that much from the factory?
View Quote

Yeah, there was quite a variation in No. 5 stocks, and in replacement stocks as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#48]

they are probably the junk ones from their batch last year. They probably had them re-finished and made to work in the US. I just hope they didn't swap for new stocks. That is my only fear.

View Quote

I think they're the original wood, just sanded heavily. There was a vendor selling the "junk" from the Malaysian batch at the Chantilly show last fall, and they were extremely dire - complete rustbuckets. Alongside them they were selling ones that had been nicely cleaned up just like these - sanded and refinished stocks, refinished metal (looked to be Ceracote or Duracoat), so you might be correct in your guess.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

yeah, at $525 it makes me feel good about the Ishapore No 1 Mk3 I picked up for $300 recently. Enfields seem to be going up in price
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:38:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RogueJSK] [#50]

I think they're the original wood, just sanded heavily. There was a vendor selling the "junk" from the Malaysian batch at the Chantilly show last fall, and they were extremely dire - complete rustbuckets. Alongside them they were selling ones that had been nicely cleaned up just like these - sanded and refinished stocks, refinished metal (looked to be Ceracote or Duracoat), so you might be correct in your guess.
View All Quotes

Gibbs/Old Western Scrounger was selling a similar batch of refinished No. 5 Enfields last year.
Page / 13
Tacked C&R deals IN STOCK NOW! (Page 2 of 13)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top