Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 10:39:54 PM EDT
any luck bump firing a 10/22? for some reason i can not do this any more, i have done it one time and it worked perfectly but since then i have not been able to make it work, ( i was using stingers)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:18:44 AM EDT
It's aparently pretty hard. I have a 10/22 with a light trigger, and a CF barrel I'm gonna try soon...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:14:04 AM EDT
the 22 recoil low vs a 4lbs rifles weight vs a 5 trigger it will not work. if you want a 22 bumper try this gatlingguns.com
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:52:30 AM EDT
I can get my MKII to bump with properly tuned set-screws and a VQ sear...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:50:23 AM EDT
hehe, i've gotten all of our .22s to bump (but that lever-action winchester was a bitch! ) and it usually end up being more of a fanning of the trigger. i was using my 10/22 and my father's marlin 60 and i could get the mags to dump pretty quick

not as satisfying as my AK, but a hell of a lot cheaper
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:13:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 1:15:27 PM EDT by -RotorDemon-]

Originally Posted By PromptCritical:
It's aparently pretty hard. I have a 10/22 with a light trigger, and a CF barrel I'm gonna try soon...

I sucessfully bumped 25 rounds out of mine yesterday. 2# ish trigger and everything else internal was factory. Using cheapo Remington rounds.

Although the next mag I put in. I started bumping and the extractor, spring and plunger shot off somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:17:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -RotorDemon-:

I sucessfully bumped 25 rounds out of mine yesterday. 2# ish trigger and everything else internal was factory. Using cheapo Remington rounds.

Although the next mag I put in. I started bumping and the extractor, spring and plunger shot off somewhere.

Meh, you didn't need those parts anyway
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:34:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 7:39:10 PM EDT by PromptCritical]

Originally Posted By -RotorDemon-:

I could only get mine to double or triple. I think my overtravel is adjusted too tight. Sometimes I pull the trigger and it doesn't pull far enough to fire.

On the extractor thing: I had a similar thing happen too. Apparently, a 10/22 can fire out of battery if the bolt is close enough to being in battery. This will always result in the extractor being blown out (lost a titanium one that way). Go to the ruger website and look at the parts diagrams for numbers and call them for replacements. shouldn't cost you more than $5 total including shipping.

Parts booklet pdf: LINK

Every part of the standard (non-Target version) 10/22 Carbine is user serviceable. You do not need to send your rifle in. Just call the number and make an order.
Top Top