Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 9:26:54 AM EDT
I want to buy some good quality shooting/combat gloves for some carbine classes I'm going to take and for my BOB. What do you guy's recommend/use? I was looking at Wiley X DURTAC, Oakley Pilot Assault, and Vickers mid - length combat gloves. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're Military LE/Fire/EMS get the Oakleys from www.usstandardissue.com.  If not, the Vickers have gotten good reviews.  That being said, I use the mechanix covert gloves.  They're the same as the ones at the auto parts stores but with the black logo on black gloves.  At $20 you can buy two pair for less than the others.  Very popular choice in the carbine courses.  They fit me nice and tight and look cool too!

ETA:  This has been discussed here before.  Search this thread and you should find more opinions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I got some Browning Gloves on sale they might be suitable also.
Tactical gloves on sale
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guy's.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
wiley x CAG

ive tried the blackhawk solag, regular flight gloves, oakley, mechanix and neopreen. the wiley x's are the best option for combat that ive found

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

USGI Nomex Aviator Gloves work great

I use these or Whitewater brand tactical gloves I purchase at clothing and sales for less than $25....bought 4 sets over a year ago, still haven't worn the 1st one out....

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Used them all and I don't care if it is blackhawk, I like the solags with kevlar. I'm also a big fan of nomex flight gloves and the wiley x cags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The best I have found are Masley cold weather flyers gloves. Hands down the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top