Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/29/2006 4:21:20 AM EDT
need to carry 3 ltr H20 + 700 ci with my Wasatch...CB ACU MULE seems ideal, but mods are needed to remove shoulder/waist straps and add molle straps for attachment to back of Wasatch...any idea who does these mods?
thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:00:50 AM EDT
Why not wear it separately? that mod will easilly run MORE than the mule cost itself.

EGG
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:13:06 AM EDT
Unless you're going to take off your Wa everytime you need to get into the pack you need to keep it seperate. You could get a pack and modify the top straps so they hook onto the D rings and the waist straps so they hook somewhere at the bottom sides. I think you're better off with a hydration pouch on the back and a seperate butt pack for cargo.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:25:56 PM EDT
Egg...wearing it separately means 4 sets of straps over the shoulder for IBA, Wasatch, rifle sling and CB...integrating the CB to the back of the Wasatch will mean one less set of straps to get tangled...cost of mod would seem in line with seperate molle hydration pouch/bladder with add on butt pack (with mods)

DVCAPI...Wasatch's ride high in the back and the last molle strap is 7" + - above the bottom of the plate carrier...mods to a butt pack would also be necessary to attach to a Wasatch...your idea of moding the CB top straps for attaching to the D rings (with a spring hook?) seems like a great idea and should be fairly simple to take on/off...i'm a bit puzzled how to secure the bottom of the CB MULE to the Wasatch (add on D ring with spring hook for each side?)

thanks for your ideas
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:30:15 PM EDT
Run the shoulder straps over the Wa's straps and use a side release on a short tether to the front for the top straps. then run the belt straps or the bottom of the shoulder straps around to where the side release buckles of the Wa hook to keep the bottom of the pack doesn't flip up. You need to be able to release the pack with your Wa on to get into it. If you can find a picture of the 1956 web gear you carried your sleeping bag etc in a waterproof bag with a strap set that went over the shoulders and hooked into the square "D" rings at the front. That would give you some ideas on one way to attach the pack.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:00:27 PM EDT
How about a TT Molle Hydration carrier on the back panel? Thats the setup i run with a kevlar plate in the back of my wasatch. It counter balances well with 8 mags and assorted other shit in the front of my wa
Top Top