Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 2:28:47 PM EDT
Ok, so I found this thread about BALCS sizing on Lightfighter LINK.  My question is, how does the size of the vest change in relation to the size of the armor?  I'd imagine the larger panels would mean a bigger vest.....  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going through the same thing right now.  I just bought an Eagle Ciras in a size small (I'm 5'7", 150 lbs).  I'm looking for BALCS-cut soft armor for it too.  From what I've been able to find, the vest size is based on the BALCS armor size (i.e. small CIRAS requires small BALCS, medium CIRUS requires medium BALCS, etc.).  This only seems to apply to vests designed to accept BALCS-cut armor (Eagle CIRUS, Paraclete RAV, FSBE, SPEAR carriers).  The tricky thing is that any size of these vests will accept small, medium, or large hard plates.  On top of all this, most places only want to sell BALCS-cut inserts to LEO/MIL (which is a load of sh*t) and they want around $1000/per set (nice, huh?).  Anyway, that's how the sizing works.  Let me know if you come across any size small BALCS that are available to us civies and won't cost my right nut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top