Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:54:34 PM EDT
Hey does anyone know if the Oakley desert boots meet Army Specs?  Any help would be appreciated due to the fact that i want to buy a couple pairs because im heading to afghanistan this fall and i am trying to get prepared, and the reviews ive seen on the these boots are good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, but the general opinion of them isn't particularly good. They are overpriced, and in many opinions, not good quality.

For the same amount of money, you would probably be better off with a couple of pairs of desert Acadias.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm on my third pair of Ft Lewis boots by Danner. As long as Danner makes boots in the US I'll keep buying them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
yes, they are good boots,

No personal experience but a guy in my unit, who deployed with 5th SF group to A-stan, was issued them, they are SF issue, they still look nice and worked well he said.

As far as uniformity is concerned, if you are army, as long as it is suede, not black leather, and not wearing Hi-teks, you are good to go.

Man that is a lot of commas
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The Oakley's are a great boot. I use them for my TAC unit and I would have to say they are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. I wear a Danner Acadia for everyday patrol and the Oakley's for SWAT. My only complaint about the boots, my boots, is that they do not have a steel shank inside. A shank would have been very nice when I had a large nail go straight through the bottom of my boot during a drug raid. That baby just squeaked in between my toes. From what I understand, Oakley does make the boot with a shank but they are more expensive. PAY THE EXTRA BUCKS!  The boot is awesome though!!! This is a quote from another guy on my team, "They are like vagina's for your feet".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top