Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 3:27:19 AM EDT
I got bored at 3 AM, this is what I came up with using stuff I had laying around.

It is compatible (well at least the wrap around portion) with alice clips and has the infamous spot on the shoulder for a gauze pack and flashlight. Can only hold six magazines but can be expanded into a 12 magazine wraparound. Total cost if i was to go out and buy the parts $30.

Can you name the parts involved?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice man.  I like the simplicity, straight and to the point.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
looks like a USGI pattern 1958 H harness, with a three pocket mag pouch and some kind of belt.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#3]
M1956  regular length suspenders
some flavor of blackhawk mag pouch

heres something I made on a whim sunday night thinking oh, what do SAR folks use?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Hot damn, very clean and functional.  Nice work!

Tell us what you used!  Does look like H-suspenders or 1956 suspenders and a Tacforce or no-name mag pouch as already mentioned....shit, someone find me on that will work with AK mags!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
How does the back look?

Looks nice....
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:19:43 AM EDT
[#6]
good job,, get some more pics man,, be nice to have one  to hold as said AK or  Hk mags(g3/cetme style,fal or m1a)
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
C'mon, parts involved and source?  Spill it man, don't leave us hanging!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:39:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Well here it is, it's so simple I love it. You can literally use any type of magazine pouch imaginable as long as it has attatchment points. I don't have a Molle pouch with me but it would attatch in very much the same way.

Parts:
H Harness: $3.50
Duty Belt: $8
Any Magazine pouch of any type: $1-$80

H harness, duty belt, Tac Force mag holder

Just to show the versatility of this ghetto rig setup:

M14 magazine pouches

Alice magazine pouches

I'm just amazed how versatile the H harness really is. No other harness I own can do the same thing the H hanrness does. With this setup you can make a chest rig out of ANYTHING and I mean anything. I've rigged up latptop cases, coolers, backpacks and all sort of crazy chest righ with stuff just laying around. The nly requirement again for the puch is that it can be attached to a belt (MOLLE, PALS, ALICE, MALICE, belt loop) and has attatchment points for the clips (Anythign can be an attatchment point as long as it is less than 1" wide and not too thick.)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:28:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone got a source for the Tac-force mag holder?

[ETA] and where are you getting Duty belts for $8 and H- harnesses for $3.50??
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anyone got a source for the Tac-force mag holder?

[ETA] and where are you getting Duty belts for $8 and H- harnesses for $3.50??

http://www.islandtactical.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=92445

And any Flee Market/Surplus store for the H harness and duty belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top