Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/10/2006 9:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexasGunman] [#1]
secure.specialtydefense.com/cgi-bin/sds/S0001.html

This is one of their latest back packs, was wondering what you guys think of it?
I have one on the way,along with a ton of other gear.

Style Number: S0001

SDS' Largest Assault Pack at over 3200 Cubic Inches. This pack features the latest in Materials Technology using Spacenet fabric on all Body Contact areas to prevent Heat

Builsecure.specialtydefense.com/cgi-bin/sds/S0001.html

This is one of their latest back packs, was wondering what you guys think of it?

Style Number: S0001

SDS' Largest Assault Pack at over 3200 Cubic Inches. This pack features the latest in Materials Technology using Spacenet fabric on all Body Contact areas to prevent Heat dup and Allow for Moisture Evaporation. The Conflict has adjustable and redundant frame sizing and attachhments.

Features SDS Developed Double Belt Technology to allow you to mount pockets both on the outside and inside of the waistbelt.

Features:

6 External Pockets
4 External Compression Straps
Internal center Compressions
SDS Katana Quiet Zipper pulls
Shoulder Pad Lift Straps
Left or Right Neoprene Radio Port
External Hydration Compartment
E-Tool Pocket

Price: $249.99

I was going to get a Camal Bak back pack, have one now,but it is a clone, like to have the real thing.
If, I end up not liking the Conflict back pack, I'll probably trade off for one.

Comments appreciated.

TG
Link Posted: 11/20/2006 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Well my new pack came today, looks even better in person.

Features SDS Developed Double Belt Technology to allow you to mount pockets both on the outside and inside of the waistbelt.

Dunno if I care much for this feature, will have to use pack to farther review it.

TG
Link Posted: 12/6/2006 4:37:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner63a] [#3]

Originally Posted By Linea_de_Fuego:
Does anyone know about this pack? I believe it is made by Condor Outdoors and is marketed on ebay from various vendors at different prices.

This is the same pack I just ordered off of eBay, to replace my original Lowe OD CFP90 ruck,

This is a new hydration pack.  It is in Coyote Brown/ Desert Tan. When you are on the move, choose a ruck that will support your extended excursion. This pack has a versatile load configuration design that can carry it all. Comfortably. Load up with 2600 cu. in. (42 L) of gear and up to two 3-liter (it comes with one 3lt reservoirs) reservoirs of water internally.

Features

ASIPS Radio attachment points hold communications securely.
Air Channel back panel with Aluminum frame and lumbar support.
Independent Suspension Harness keeps load stable as you move.
Multiple storage spaces include main compartment with dual zippered mesh pockets and divided organizer, safety kit pocket for first aid supplies, side pockets for MREs or ammo, and a zippered slat pocket for maps, files, or other small low-profile items.
Zippered back panel access makes loading a full reservoir easy.
Compression straps keep load stable, while side-panel compression straps cinch down added gear or reservoirs.
Tough, abrasion-resistant 1000D Cordura exterior. Capacity: 100 oz (3.0 l) Dimensions: 21 in x 13 in x 10 in (533 mm x 330 mm x 254 mm) Volume: Cargo
2550 cu in (41.8 l)
Total Volume 2730 cu in (44.7 l)
Weight: Filled Reservoir 11.82 lbs (5.36 kg)

Link Posted: 12/28/2006 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Eagle RAID With ESSTAC Pouches all over her.
Bottom Left and Right ESSTAC Large GP's for Nalgene and Med.
ESSTAC Small GPs for PVS 7B's and Binocs at top both sides
ESSTAC PackRat on front for Demo tools
BHI Utility at bottom for Rifle Cleaning Necessities.

chuck
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By stoner63a:

Does anyone know about this pack? I believe it is made by Condor Outdoors and is marketed on ebay from various vendors at different prices.

i8.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/0c/19/7f_1.JPG
This is the same pack I just ordered off of eBay, to replace my original Lowe OD CFP90 ruck

UPDATE:  I ordered this Rucksack from Military Griffin on eBay Dec. 5th.   I paid via PayPal...  the guy never shipped, won't respond to emails.   There are quite few people that gave him Negative Feedback, looks like for selling VaporWare.... taking people's money then ordering the stuff from the wholesaler.
Link Posted: 1/5/2007 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got a Foliage Green Camelbak Talon.

So far it's pretty nice. I put all my everyday crap in it. Id say it probably doesn't have the volume to work well for a 3-Day pack unless you attached some external pouches.

My biggest complaints are that the outside pocket that has 6 buckles/straps holding it to the pack cannot be removed. I think it'd be better if they just made it completely removable and had either more webbing or bungee cord on the part of the pack that it covers.

I knew these "shortcomings" when I bought it so it's clearly not a big issue and I may end up changing my mind about it down the road... or maybe make the mods myself if I feel really inventive.

Anyway... the pack is pretty nice and I'm happy with the foliage green. I took a chance on that color. I usually only buy coyote brown, but I notice myself picking military guys out of a crowded airport very easily based on their tan/desert/coyote packs so I figured I'd try something different. Since it's not as bright as the tans I'm going on the assumption it won't stand out as much. Not that it really matters all that much...

I bought it to replace my Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger as my EDC/school bag. The Monsoon just wasn't cutting it although it is still a great pack.
Link Posted: 1/5/2007 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:
I just got a Foliage Green Camelbak Talon.

So far it's pretty nice. I put all my everyday crap in it. Id say it probably doesn't have the volume to work well for a 3-Day pack unless you attached some external pouches.

My biggest complaints are that the outside pocket that has 6 buckles/straps holding it to the pack cannot be removed. I think it'd be better if they just made it completely removable and had either more webbing or bungee cord on the part of the pack that it covers.

I knew these "shortcomings" when I bought it so it's clearly not a big issue and I may end up changing my mind about it down the road... or maybe make the mods myself if I feel really inventive.

Anyway... the pack is pretty nice and I'm happy with the foliage green. I took a chance on that color. I usually only buy coyote brown, but I notice myself picking military guys out of a crowded airport very easily based on their tan/desert/coyote packs so I figured I'd try something different. Since it's not as bright as the tans I'm going on the assumption it won't stand out as much. Not that it really matters all that much...

I bought it to replace my Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger as my EDC/school bag. The Monsoon just wasn't cutting it although it is still a great pack.

I've been thinking about the Maxpedition Vulture as a 3 day pack. Do you have any experience with this rig?
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Jmurman:
I've been thinking about the Maxpedition Vulture as a 3 day pack. Do you have any experience with this rig?

I surely don't. Sorry
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]

I surely don't. Sorry

Great thread Pathfinder.

Does anyone have experience with the Camelbak BFM?
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Great thread Pathfinder.

Good pack. Tons of room. You'll get lost in that thing it's so big. Ok.. maybe not as big as a Large ALICE, but this is a 3 Day Pack thread so...

I would recommend a lighter color one because the black one, with it's great volume, it's like looking into a black hole.

I use mine for a range bag mostly and I really load it up. A case of ammo, my PVC target pieces, two pistols (in case), and a bunch of other junk. It's a frickin beast.
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Great thread Pathfinder.

Good pack. Tons of room. You'll get lost in that thing it's so big. Ok.. maybe not as big as a Large ALICE, but this is a 3 Day Pack thread so...

I would recommend a lighter color one because the black one, with it's great volume, it's like looking into a black hole.

I use mine for a range bag mostly and I really load it up. A case of ammo, my PVC target pieces, two pistols (in case), and a bunch of other junk. It's a frickin beast.

Excellent.

I guess that I should say that I am open as far as packs go. The main function will be for a 72 hr "Get Home" bag. I need it to have hydration capacity, and would like to have "gray man" colors...I don't want to go marching through neighborhoods with a camo/military looking color.

I was thinking about the Maxpedition Vulture and adding a Camelbak hydration system to it, but have recently seen somem of the comments posted here on Camelbaks system which includes hydration.

So, you're saying this bag is built well and would be sufficient for a 72 hr bag?
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]

So, you're saying this bag is built well and would be sufficient for a 72 hr bag?

Depends how you pack. If you load up like Paris Hilton then you might be better off with a 463L pallet and lots of ratchet straps. If you pack sensibly then then BFM should get the job done.
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Depends how you pack. If you load up like Paris Hilton then you might be better off with a 463L pallet and lots of ratchet straps. If you pack sensibly then then BFM should get the job done.

So you're saying that I should strap a Ford F-150 to my wifes back, right? :-)

There is NO way that my wife could pack for 72 hours in a back pack...you should see what we carry when we go on vacation! :-)

I'll probably get the BFM then, it looks like it will do what I need.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I just got my Camelbak BFM Foliage Green.  Great Ruck!  I wish the grab handles on the side were MOLLE webbing instead.  Wasted surface area.

I'm working on my load plan, modifying my monster CFP90 with lighter/less bulky contents.  ECWCS takes up most of the space now.  I'm trying to figure out a "module" system, with separate extreme cold weather clothing and sleeping bag add-ons.

There are so many pockets and mesh dividers I just feel like I have to fill them all.  

I picked the Condor knock-off originally.  The lumbar support and poly sheet/aluminum stays miniframe were the main reason for my choice.  I lucked into the real deal for $125 plus $20 shipping/insurance on eBay.  I'm glad I went with the BFM as I found reviews on Cheaper-Than-Dirt complaining of seams fraying, stitching falling out, buckles/fastex fasteners breaking, etc.

The listing had mine as an Olive Drab version.  It turned out to be Foliage Green.  It makes a nice, non-Commando appearing piece of equipment.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#15]

I just got my Camelbak BFM Foliage Green.  Great Ruck!  I wish the grab handles on the side were MOLLE webbing instead.  Wasted surface area.

I'm working on my load plan, modifying my monster CFP90 with lighter/less bulky contents.  ECWCS takes up most of the space now.  I'm trying to figure out a "module" system, with separate extreme cold weather clothing and sleeping bag add-ons.

There are so many pockets and mesh dividers I just feel like I have to fill them all.  

I picked the Condor knock-off originally.  The lumbar support and poly sheet/aluminum stays miniframe were the main reason for my choice.  I lucked into the real deal for $125 plus $20 shipping/insurance on eBay.  I'm glad I went with the BFM as I found reviews on Cheaper-Than-Dirt complaining of seams fraying, stitching falling out, buckles/fastex fasteners breaking, etc.

The listing had mine as an Olive Drab version.  It turned out to be Foliage Green.  It makes a nice, non-Commando appearing piece of equipment.

I just bought the same one, it should arrive in a day or so.
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the eberlstock from page two and have really put it too the test.  Last fall we did 15 miles through a pretty tough section of the long trail up here in VT it was raining and the pack was 70 lbs dry.  It really worked awesome I especially like how much water I was able to cary I had two bladders in the integral pockets and then another on the side in a blackhawk sheath.  The scabbord works great for fast access to my mossberg 500 persuader but can be a bit akward for my ar or ak.  Bolt actions would probably work great though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By wesmerc:
The scabbord works great for fast access to my mossberg 500 persuader but can be a bit akward for my ar or ak.  Bolt actions would probably work great though.

Been wondering about that. Can you draw it from the scabbard while wearing the pack... like Ash from Army of Darkness?
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#18]
For those interested I updated the first two pages that had dead/incorrect links and empty picture placeholders. Should be working a little better now for those who have only just recently been checking this thread.

Also some updated info on some of the packs. Not many, but a few. One in particular on page 2 that was kind of interesting in the second post from S.O. Tech (Special Operations Technologies). Worth looking at for the feature that I put emphasis on.

That's about it. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 10:17:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#19]

This is the same pack I just ordered off of eBay, to replace my original Lowe OD CFP90 ruck

UPDATE:  I ordered this Rucksack from Military Griffin on eBay Dec. 5th.   I paid via PayPal...  the guy never shipped, won't respond to emails.   There are quite few people that gave him Negative Feedback, looks like for selling VaporWare.... taking people's money then ordering the stuff from the wholesaler.

Yikes - that's no good. I ordered 1 thing from militarygriffin 2 years ago (IIRC) and it arrived promptly... Bummer about that, I hope he gets back to you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By macman37:

Yikes - that's no good. I ordered 1 thing from militarygriffin 2 years ago (IIRC) and it arrived promptly... Bummer about that, I hope he gets back to you.

I've ordered plenty from militarygriffin and never had an issue with him.
Always sent items promptly.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2007 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By KINGAIRFLYER:
Anybody know anything about this pac...LEVEL III 3 ASSAULT PACK seems a little cheap.  

www.floridaarmory.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=127&osCsid=e5d5728b6d56bd9e6f8edc439c6710b2

This is the same pack that Cheaper Than Dirt sell for $29.95. The written description even matches:

Link Posted: 1/17/2007 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone have any experience with "UTG" packs?

I know they're cheap knockoffs. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions. I bought one to prove I need a midsized pack.

I have this one, in tan:

Link Posted: 1/26/2007 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#23]

pathfinder74   you rock.    i'm looking for one of these  
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By cruze5:
pathfinder74   you rock.    i'm looking for one of these  

One of what?
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#25]
aaa  pack for my back    
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 5:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JOHNO] [#26]

Originally Posted By eaglecp:
Eagle RAID With ESSTAC Pouches all over her.
Bottom Left and Right ESSTAC Large GP's for Nalgene and Med.
ESSTAC Small GPs for PVS 7B's and Binocs at top both sides
ESSTAC PackRat on front for Demo tools
BHI Utility at bottom for Rifle Cleaning Necessities.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/IMG_0803.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/IMG_0804.jpg
chuck
Great set up, you're about to make me spend alot of money on the ESSTAC pouches for my Elite Survival Systems pack.

Link Posted: 4/1/2007 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone have a Spec-Ops Brand T.H.E. Pack that they've been using a while? What's your likes & dislikes about it?

That's the pack I'm mainly interested in...although the Eagle Industries stuff looks pretty darn good, too...
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#28]
these packs are too damn overt for my speed.

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Ive had a london bridge bag for a few years that i braught over to the stan and iraq. I was in the 82nd airborne infantry and we beat the hell outa our bags and my bag is the the best one ive EVER used. the eagle ones ive seen tore up and what not over there.
http://www.londonbridgetrading.biz/m1webgear/ProductDetails.aspx?PartUniqueID=52750043-10CB-4BB7-85E1-E6B9F7AF048E
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By pyro6988:
Holly smokes.

How did I ever miss this thread.

I don't know.  Me too!
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By sgtstinger:
Does anyone have a Spec-Ops Brand T.H.E. Pack that they've been using a while? What's your likes & dislikes about it?

That's the pack I'm mainly interested in...although the Eagle Industries stuff looks pretty darn good, too...

I've had one for a few years now....here's my take;

It sucks over body armor-just flat out fucking sucks.

Its a damn good light hiker or day pack. What you can't cram in it, you can strap to the sides.  The interior layout is good, there's a little mesh pocket for little stuff. Overall not a bad investment.

IMHO the Eagle A-III MOLLE is a much better choice...
Link Posted: 4/25/2007 4:27:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Eberlestock Gunslinger

I recently purchased a Coyote Brown Eberlestock Gunslinger and 2 3lt. Source Hydration bladders.

The waistband is very nicely padded with a nice amount of Molle webbing in along the belt. It would be a very convenient place for a pouch or two. The Waist belt is removable, held in place with Velcro, but even with it removed there is still a 4” x 6” x 1” thick pad. Above the belt is more padding that has a space for your spine so that the padding rests on your whole back and not just your spine.  The shoulder straps have much thinner padding then the rest of the pack. The height of the shoulder straps can be adjusted by around 4 inches. Since I am 6’ 2” I found the top most setting to be the most comfortable.

The scabbard has a thin layer of padding, about as much padding as most laptop cases. There is a fold out flap at the bottom of the scabbard that allows you to store a longer rifle. The bottom 5 inches of the fold out flap is a different fabric than the rest of the pack, more of a rubberized material. There are two grommet drainage holes at the bottom of the scabbard. There is also a 6” zipper on the fold out flap that allows you to easily reach into the bottom of the scabbard. There is an additional cover lets you cover the stock of longer rifles. There are to clips that connect the cover to the pack, though when the cover is attached there is a bit of slack, because the cover adds another two inches of clips. There is some slop in the pack but clipping the scabbard shut takes care of most of that. The scabbard easily swallows an AK-47 underfolder, collapsed. The one thing that I noticed was that it is very difficult to “draw” the AK because the charging handle likes to catch on the interior padding of the scabbard. Drawing is not easy unless a significant portion of the stock is exposed, but that makes the pack kind of useless for concealment.

The top flap has two zippered pockets; the smaller pocket has an almost fleecy interior that would make it a good place to store a handheld GPS. Lift the flap and there is one more zippered pocket it is the perfect size for my Katadyn Hiker Pro water filter. Below that is a large pouch that is about 10” across and 12” inches deep. There is Molle webbing along the front and sides of the pack. On the left side of the pack there is an elastic pouch for a small water bottle. The main compartment has a drawstring closure. The interior is a 2900 c.i. There is a full length zipper on the right side of the pack that has access to the main compartment. The interior is a white fabric that feels like nylon. There are two elastic pouches that are against the scabbard, that hold two 3lt. Source hydration bladders. There are two slits, one on each side, that allow you to route the bladder tubes through the pack.  There are three compression straps on the pack, two across and one from top to bottom.

The Source 3lt. bladders are very well thought out. There is a screw on cap as well as a flap at the top that has a slide lock. The tube feels like a bungee cord, albeit a bit larger. There is a plastic dust cover that slips over the mouthpiece; this cover is attached with a cord. The mouthpiece twists to unlock than it must be pulled open.

I decided to put the pack to the test. I filled the Bladders, loaded up the AK, threw a few mags, and a 10 lb weight into the bag. Roughly 25-30lbs. I cinched everything up, and headed out on an eight mile hike through downtown. I found it pretty easy to adjust the pack to put the weight on my hips. Though for me the tighter I cinched the shoulder straps the more weight was put on my shoulders, which tired me out a lot quicker. There is a strap that connects the two shoulder straps and after about six miles the clip started to dig into my chest. The shoulder straps could use a little more padding. The pack did an excellent job of concealing my AK. I was able to walk by several crowds of people without so much of a second glance. There are many drifters in my area that carry all of their belongings on their back so I just blended in. My biggest complaint is that the water tube turned out to be too short. I had to keep my head cocked to the side which prevented me from being able to ingest as much water as I wanted, as quickly as I wanted. The other problem that caused is that I couldn’t really keep my head moving around enough to keep an eye on my surroundings. I don’t think that would be a real problem as long as you don’t stop for a water break in a sketchy area. I managed to do about 3.25 mph, which I felt was pretty good for my first time out.

The pack is definitely worth the 190 or so dollars and I would recommend springing for the bladders. Other than the few minor complaints mentioned I am very happy with the pack.  

James

ETA
4/25/07

Well I have been carrying this pack on a daily basis for the last 3 months or so. (I am a college student, and wanted to truly test out the pack) I carry my BOB essentials everyday, food, water, bivy sack, firetools. I leave things like my sleeping bag and other tools out. It weighs about 26-34lbs, depending on how much water is left. I walk an average of 4 or 5 miles a day with the pack. I carry my books in the scabbard part of the pack which makes it fairly easy to get them out without digging around.  

The pack has held up really well. There are no seams coming apart or zippers acting up. Everything functions just like the day I received it. Shoulder straps show no wear.

The hip belt fits me perfectly and I can cinch it down nice and tight, tight enough to run without everything flying all over the place. The shoulder straps have plenty of padding, but not so much that it becomes a problem. I have two complaints with the shoulder straps. There are clips that connect the padded portion to a smaller strap that connects to the bag. These clips/straps have a tendency to slide off of the piece of padding and can dig in a bit. Not real bad, just enough of a poke to notice every now and then.  The other thing I do not like about the shoulder straps is that there is a strap that connects the two straps across the chest. I really like how functions in theory, but on this bag the clip is positioned right on the right portion of my collarbone that juts out at the top of my pecs, below my neck. That gets kinda annoying.

The Source water bladders have been great. I really like the dust cap, but even better than that is the closure system. Instead of biting the nozzle like one does on a Camelbak, one simply twists the nozzle and pulls out on it much like a sports bottle. I really prefer this to the bite style because with this method I can just keep sipping on water as if I was drinking from a straw.(A really big straw) I do not have to consciously bite to drink. The bladders have held up exceptionally well. There were some initial leak problems, though that was my own fault. There are two different ways to fill up the bladders, a screw cap located on the side and a slide top. I had not made sure to check both openings to ensure that everything was securely tightened. My only problem with the bladders is that they can be rather hard to fit completely into their pouches.

Overall I couldnt be more pleased with this pack and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a 3-day pack.

James
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I just ordered my "gunslinger". thanks fore the well written review.
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#34]
This one is nice!
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Any new packs to report? Anyone?
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 12:04:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PUBBOY] [#36]
This may not be a 3 day pack at 1,300 c.i., but the Kifaru Scout sure as hell looks sweet.

Dose anyone have one of these? Does it rock or is it gay?

Daddy likes this one...

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 1:30:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#37]

Originally Posted By PUBBOY:
This may not be a 3 day pack at 1,300 c.i., but the Kifaru Scout sure as hell looks sweet.

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Pubboy/scout_fr3.jpg

Dose anyone have one of these? Does it rock or is it gay?

Daddy likes this one...

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Pubboy/scout_MC.jpg

This is probably a burning at the stake offense....but $173.00 BASE price for 1,300 CU IN? Add a plain belt and you're at over $200. Add $17 if you want Multicam. I know you get what you pay for, but that seems excessive for 1,300 CU IN. I like Kifaru and am NOT a cheap skate. But man.....
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#38]
What does price have to do with it? He spend hundreds on rifles with ill-conceived gas systems that fire a whimpy cartridge ...but I digress...

That does seem steep for only 1,300 CIs. It looks well designed, but I'm not sure it holds a Camelback bladder.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Does anyone know if the Diamondback Tactical gear is US made?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By eddymunster:
This one is nice!i177.photobucket.com/albums/w238/eddymunster/Raven.jpg

Nice find. I hadn't realized Kelty had more tactical/military style packs.

Here's some more.

Kelty Eagle 7850

The Eagle is a burly, cold- weather pack that has a sleeping bag compartment for easy access. It also features a removable lid that converts to a fanny pack or clips to your shoulder straps and can be worn on your chest for easy access. A second low-profile hood is permanently attached and hidden in the storm collar. This low- profile hood can be utilized with reduced volumes when the primary hood is removed. The Eagle is compatible with the accessory Radio Holder and Battery Holder.

Colorways:
Sku #: Desert Tan 25906150, Coyote Brown 25906116
MSRP: $400.00

Specifications:
Weight: 11 lb. 2 oz. / 5.0 kg
9 lb. 4 oz. / 4.0 kg using low-profile hood and no side pockets
Dimensions:
Length: 44" / 112 cm
Width: 29" / 74 cm
Height: 17.5" / 44 cm
Volume: 7850 in3 / 128.7 l
6285 in3/ 103.0 l using low-profile hood and no side pockets
Torso Fit Range: 16 – 22” / 41 – 56 cm

Material:
Body Fabric: 500D nylon kodra, 1000D nylon kodra

Packbag Features:

* Compatible with Kelty satellite Radio Holder and Battery Holder (sold separately)
   * Top-load and front-panel access
   * Lid converts into fanny pack or shoulder-strap pack organizer
   * Lid has two U-shaped zippers and one map pocket
   * Internal divider unzips into one main compartment
   * Key clip
   * Zippered stash pocket inside lid
   * Large zippered mesh pocket on the bottom side of lid
   * Secondary low-profile hood stows in storm collar pocket
   * Dual hydration ports and reservoir sleeves for hydration bladders
   * Daisy-chain loops
   * MOLLE along sides
   * Two large front pockets
   * Two large removable side pockets
   * Sleeping bag compartment with zippered divider
   * Sleeping pad compression straps
   * Zippered internal mesh retaining wall keeps gear from spilling out
   * Three internal zippered mesh pockets
   * Double haul loops on backpanel
   * Side compression straps
   * Mesh water-bottle pockets
   * Spindrift collars
   * Ice-axe loop
   * Rain/sand pack cover stows away in zippered pocket
   * Removable pack cover is two tone
   * Coyote Brown pack has desert tan and white raincover
   * Desert Tan pack has desert tan and white raincover

Suspension Features:

* Adjustable suspension
   * Aluminum stays
   * HDPE frame sheet
   * Breathable backpanel with Spacermesh
   * Padded backpanel
   * Two-layer padded waistbelt
   * Padded shoulder straps
   * Load-lifter straps
   * Adjustable sternum strap
   * Quick-release shoulder straps
   * Belt stabilizers
   * Scherer Cinch (US Pat #5,465,886) waistbelt adjustment
   * Levitator™ belt supports

Falcon 2850

For patrols that require high- or low-volume gear storage and organization, the Falcon 2850 features a removable lid that converts to a fanny pack or clips to your shoulder straps and can be worn on your chest for easy access. A second, low-profile hood, is permanently attached and hidden in the storm collar. This low-profile hood can be utilized with reduced volumes when the primary hood is removed. This versatile pack is feature-rich, and it provides both top- and panel-loading access. The Falcon is compatible with the accessory Radio Holder and Battery Holder.

Colorways:
Sku #: Desert Tan 25906144, Coyote Brown 25906118
MSRP: $300.00

Specifications:
Weight: 6 lb. 14 oz. / 3.1 kg
Weight without Lid: 5 lb. 15 oz./ 2.7 kg
Dimensions:
Length: 32" / 81 cm
Width: 15" / 38 cm
Height: 12.5" / 31.0 cm
Volume: 2850 in3 / 46.70 l
Volume without Lid: 2470 in3/40.50l
Torso Fit Range: 16 – 21”/ 41 – 53 cm

Material:
Body Fabric: 500D kodra and 1000D nylon kodra

Packbag Features:

* Compatible with Kelty satellite radio and battery holders that are sold separately
   * Top-load and front-panel access
   * Lid converts into fanny pack or shoulder-strap pack organizer
   * Lid has two U-shaped zippers and one map pocket
   * Internal divider unzips into one main compartment
   * Key clip
   * Zippered stash pocket inside top lid
   * Large zippered mesh pocket on the bottom side of top lid
   * Secondary low-profile hood stows into storm collar pocket
   * Large zippered mesh pocket under low-profile hood
   * Dual hydration ports and reservoir sleeves for hydration bladders
   * MOLLE on front and sides
   * Large front pocket with internal organization
   * Extra-large, fleece-lined pocket accommodates wrap-style sunglasses or goggles
   * Internal zippered mesh pocket
   * Double haul loops on backpanel
   * Side compression straps
   * Spindrift collar
   * Ice-axe loop
   * Drain holes
   * Coyote Brown pack has desert tan and white raincover
   * Desert Tan pack has desert tan and white raincover

Suspension Features:

* Adjustable suspension
   * Aluminum stays
   * HDPE frame sheet
   * Padded backpanel
   * Padded shoulder straps
   * Load-lifter straps
   * Adjustable sternum strap
   * Quick-release shoulder straps
   * Belt stabilizers

Raven 2500

Looking for a lower-volume communications pack? The Raven 2500, with its square top, has all of the features for the communications guru on a tactical mission. It can accommodate a variety of antennas and fits the Harris 117 (and similarly sized satellite radios). Radio Holder and Battery Holders are included.

Colorways:
Sku #: Desert Tan 25906138, Coyote Brown 25906120, Black 25906142
MSRP: $250.00

Specifications:
Weight with radio holder: 6 lb. 13 oz. / 3.1 kg
Weight without radio holder or battery holder: 5 lb. 5 oz / 2.4 kg
Dimensions:
Length: 22" / 56 cm
Width: 19" / 48 cm
Height: 14" / 36 cm
Volume: 2500 in3 / 41 l
Torso Fit Range: 15" – 18”/ 38 - 46 cm

Material:
Body Fabric: 500D nylon kodra and 1000D nylon kodra

Packbag Features:

* Wearer can operate the handset of the Harris 117 and similar sized satellite radios while the radio is being carried in the pack
   * MOLLE on front and side pockets
   * Two zippered side pockets
   * Two small side shove-it pockets
   * One vertical side compression strap for a variety of antennas sizes
   * Front-panel access
   * Large center shovel pocket with drain holes
   * Four side compression straps
   * One vertical compression strap
   * Load compression strap
   * Coyote Brown pack has black and desert tan raincover
   * Desert Tan pack has black and desert tan raincover
   * Black pack has black raincover
   * Reservoir sleeve
   * Organizer sleeve
   * Security pocket
   * Key clip
   * Zippered mesh pocket
   * Dual zippered pockets
   * Pen and pencil sleeves
   * Internal organizer
   * Single hydration port
   * Top haul handle
   * Antenna and cable port
   * Top KDU access panel with clear window
   * Removable, padded KDU pouch attaches to shoulder straps
   * Elastic keeper for KDU handset attachment

Radio and Battery Holder Features

* Removable satellite Radio Holder included (also fits Kelty Falcon and Eagle packs)
   * Elevator strap enables vertical adjustment of satellite radio inside of pack
   * Battery Holder with internal divider accommodates two back-up batteries (also fits Kelty Falcon and Eagle packs)
   * Both Holders are included with the Raven Pack and compatible with the Falcon and Eagle packs

Suspension Features:

* Adjustable suspension
   * LightBeam™ aluminum stays
   * HDPE frame sheet
   * Internal Delrin rod retains box shape of pack
   * Three-layer, padded, quick-release shoulder straps
   * Load-lifter straps
   * Sternum strap
   * Belt stabilizers
   * Removable waistbelt

Link Posted: 7/3/2007 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/24/2007 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Excellent thread, Pathfinder.  Thanks for all the work that went into this!  I ordered a Tactical Tailor 3DAP today - been lusting for something like that since I started reading this thread weeks ago.  I have a trip to Boundary Waters coming up in a few weeks, so I'll get to try it out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2007 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Thanks to SJSAMPLE for bringing this to my attention in this thread.

<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textQuote><hr height=1px color=black noshade>www.arcteryx.com/leaf/images/240/charlie_pack.jpg
Arc'Teryx Charlie Pack

The Charlie pack incorporates the strength of Cordura® and the intensity of Arc'teryx to offer you a robust, fully featured assault pack with hydration pocket, pocket attachment ladder system and quick release shoulder straps. This rucksack can be used on its own or clipped to the Tango pack for extra storage. The Charlie pack brings all the ruggedness and durability of our larger rucksacks to the demands of the short range mission.

• MOLLE compatible PALS
• Front pocket for items that need to be accessed quickly.
• Adjustable waist belt can be stowed away in back panel when not in use
• Zipper pulls are flexible, matte, noiseless rubberized pull cords
• Quick release shoulder strap buckles
• Hydration pocket
• Buckles in the main compartment are designed to support the optional removable radio pouch
• Compression straps to help stabilize load and minimize excessive shifting
• Can be clipped to the Tango backpack for extra carrying capacity or used on its own during short range missions
• Lamination Technology - Pioneers in the use of lamination technology, we employ laminated back panels and shoulder straps in our packs for extra support and long lasting durability.
• Die-cut Hypalon® - We die cut extremely abrasion resistant Hypalon® for increased durability and finish this process with rounded shapes and components that wear longer and are less likely to catch on sharp things.
• Stitch Count - We average 9-10 stitches per linear inch vs. the industry standard of 7-8 stitches per inch. This unique high stitch count is used on all of our seams, providing a stronger, better quality seam.
• Glove Friendly Zipper Pulls - the new toggle system is easy to identify, simple to grasp and quick to operate even with bulked up or frozen digits.

Model: 3239
Weight: 1.17 kgs / 2 lbs
Volume: 1650 cu in / 27 l
Colours:    Crocodile    Woodlands

• Cordura® 725d
• Hypalon®
• HDPE Framesheets
• ITW Ghillie-TEX™ buckles
• Solution-dyed Cordura® webbing
• YKK #8 and #10 zippers
<hr height=1px color=black noshade>

Any idea where I can find one of these? I have gone to the manufacturers’ site but the links are no help.
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 7:43:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#44]
TAD GEAR F.A.S.T. PACK P.atrol S.ize

COMPLETE SPECS
ONLY 100 pcs each color
New "3 Day" Size, designed for multi-day-night Patrol Use
MILSPEC 1000-Denier DuPont Cordura Nylon with Stain Protector
MILSPEC High tensile strength composite nylon thread
MILSPEC High tensile strength nylon webbing
MILSPEC YKK Nylon Coil Zippers
MILSPEC ITW Nexus GhillieTex hardware
Our Exclusive TAD Gear modular "Transporter Tail" component with reinforced R.ifle S.tock S.lot
Our Exclusive Dual zippered TAD Gear "Flashlight Caves"
External zippered Top Admin Pocket with organizer
Dual zippered side accessory pockets, right side with dedicated Medic's shear retainer
One zippered large "Snack Pocket" behind Transporter Tail
One zippered large interior mesh pocket
Optional Interior hanging PALS Panel and Admin organizer Pocket (*Arriving in late Sept '07)
External zippered Hydration Pocket with 2 styles of bladder hangers: Camelbak compatible and all other major hydration bladder systems
Top exit flap for hydration tube
Elastic hydration tube guides on shoulder straps
Removable load bearing waist/pistol belt with 2 rows of PALS
High Grade Alpine Pack Grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
Top and bottom compression straps for bulky external equipment such as rope, sleeping pads, etc.
MOLLE compatible with PALS and TAD Gear T.wo I.nch B.ase webbing every other row for non standard accessories such as TekLoks and more
Pack bottom features 3 additional rows of PALS
Two drain holes on pack bottom
All adjustable webbing straps features Velcro Neat Wings to keep straps neat and tidy
D-rings on each shoulder strap
2" interval PALS and TIBs webbing on shoulder straps for extra mounting options
ITW GhillieTEX quick release SR buckles on shoulder straps for pack dump
New improved shoulder strap anchor points
Shoulder straps, waist belt and back fully lined with heavy duty Dri-Lex
Newly designed reinforced top carry/drag handle
0.75" elastic backed webbing sternum strap with removable sliders
3" wide color matched Velcro Loopside swatch on pack front
Removable HDPE framesheet
Weight with belt = 4.98 LBS / 2.26 kg
Available colors: Black, Multicam, Foliage Green
Volume = 2800 cu in / 45 L

LIFETIME WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECT IN WORKMANSHIP
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Ok, stop posting about Tad Gears F.A.S.T Pack! They aren't available until October.

It does look like a great pack!
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By msr:
Ok, stop posting about Tad Gears F.A.S.T Pack! They aren't available until October.

LOL... I just saw it on their site tonight... didn't even notice when it would be available.
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By msr:

They are available right now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Looks like it has something like a beavertail to carry a carbine, that's pretty neat.

Yeah... I'm not sure how useful that would be IMO... If I'm in a place where I need my carbine odds are I'm going to have it slung at the ready... but my experience has diminished significantly... so who knows...
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By Aimless:
Looks like it has something like a beavertail to carry a carbine, that's pretty neat.

Yeah... I'm not sure how useful that would be IMO... If I'm in a place where I need my carbine odds are I'm going to have it slung at the ready... but my experience has diminished significantly... so who knows...
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top