Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 10:41:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#1]
Anyone know the torque spec for optic mount screws (pic rail to receiver)?  Just got mine and habitually re-do all optic mounts… can’t find a spec anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
But
Is it as great as a Benelli M4!??
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 6:03:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TrailerTrash556] [#3]
Here is a video with some closeup footage and comparison with a 1301
A300 ULTIMA PATROL VS BERETTA 1301

Eta video
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
curious and possibly dumb question.  I've never used a QD sling.  is there a trick to getting the sling to connect to the front QD mount on the A300 patrol?  I connect the QD swivel to the front mount and it won't engage.  it will engage on the rear QD mount.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bdy83:
curious and possibly dumb question.  I've never used a QD sling.  is there a trick to getting the sling to connect to the front QD mount on the A300 patrol?  I connect the QD swivel to the front mount and it won't engage.  it will engage on the rear QD mount.
View Quote

First try rotating the QD. Some sockets have the ability to lock into a certain angle and not rotate so often you need to plug them in and turn them a quarter turn until the locking balls find a position to seat.

If that’s not it and you spin them and they never lock you have an issue with tolerance stacking. I’ve had this on an AR before where the socket and QD were enough different they were not compatible. Try some other QDs until you find one compatible or install a new socket in the Mlok on your hand guard. BCM are always solid.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Do yourself a favor, buy an MLok QD, and attach it to the handguard. The barrel clamp is pure junk.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:54:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#7]
Some quick notes.

Marked my screws and re-did them with loctite 243.

Appears this wasn't needed, as there was some type of thread locker visible on the screws.  That being said, I still prefer to re-do this since I have no idea what they use, or when during assembly they put the rail on, then absolutely slather the gun in oil. It was drenched between the barrel and receiver, right where the screws are and to date any optic mount that I've had factory installed with open holes exposed to oil have all worked loose.  No idea if this would, but now it's not a concern.

The marks on my screws just started to re align my marks a touch under 10 inch lbs.  I worked up to 12-13 slowly and the screws stopped at perfect alignment, so I'd call that good.  Scalarworks suggests 7 inch lbs on their direct replacement mounts for the 1301, but that didn't get the witness marks back to alignment.

ALSO- check your rear QD swivel when you get it.  Mine was slightly below flush with the bottom of the stock which caused all my swivel to pop out, but it took some force.  Luckily I had the sling pinched between my arm and torso so I didn't drop the shotgun (didn't care about the gun, but I was over my wood floors ).

The QD insert is threaded into the stock, and a 6mm allen wrench fits perfectly in there- backed it out 1/8 a turn and that was enough to allow the QD swivels to fully engage- I may take the whole assembly out later and loctite it though, it didn't take much force to back it out.  Might loosen up over time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Try it on both sides up front.  If one will lock and one won't, thats indicative of a problem with the receptacle.  These aren't rotation limited so it *shouldn't* matter if you spin it to lock it in, but sometimes it helps them jump over a burr or some other imperfection.  You can also look in there to see if there is some sort of defect, it's a very simple mechanism.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ian187:

Do yourself a favor, buy an MLok QD, and attach it to the handguard. The barrel clamp is pure junk.
View Quote

I genuinely thought about that, but my light is occupying that space.  I wish they had more MLOK on this thing.

Also, anyone know a way to get a QD swivel on the SIDE of the shotgun stock or by the receiver?  Having one on the bottom is better than nothing, but the shotgun rolls over when slung, and having it at the rear makes high ready and compressed low ready presentations tougher.  Very annoying.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#10]
It won't lock on either side, but does lock on the qd on the rear stock.  Ordera qd mlok to see if that works
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

I genuinely thought about that, but my light is occupying that space.  I wish they had more MLOK on this thing.

Also, anyone know a way to get a QD swivel on the SIDE of the shotgun stock or by the receiver?  Having one on the bottom is better than nothing, but the shotgun rolls over when slung, and having it at the rear makes high ready and compressed low ready presentations tougher.  Very annoying.
View Quote

There's a lot of options really. IWC small socket, right hand side mount the light with offset mount, GG&G mag cap QD swivel, 1301 Zukov and adaptor, the list goes on.

Most users aren't going to get into a protracted gun fight with a shotgun so a thumb over the barrel to activate a light shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm also interested in installing a QD socket into the side of the stock at the rear.

I've seen this done on wooden stocks by Vang Comp

Anyone done this..?
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:51:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#13]
On the Beretta, no.  But on a couple different Benellis, yes.  (Is the plural of Benelli- Benellis, or Benellus)

https://noveske.com/products/flush-qd-sling-mount/

This is the one I used.  Take off the buttpad, drill a hole where it's not going to hit anything, and screw it together.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone mounted a red dot on one yet? Curious if it will cowitness the irons. Also wondering if 1301 low profile red dot mounts will work on the A300
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#15]
The Farrowtech 509T lower 1/3 mount works.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
But
Is it as great as a Benelli M4!??
View Quote

Different purposes and vastly different price points. A better comparison would be the M2, which the 1301 is also regularly compared to. At any rate, we'll never get a true Benelli vs Beretta unbiased answer on a forum because of brand loyalty and confirmation bias.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Wonder if any of these will suffer from the same dead triggers like the sporting A300?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jkirkon:
I’m very interested in the A300 Patrol, but I’m going to wait on this for awhile. I’d like to see some real user reviews on this shotgun.

View Quote

James at TFBTV will be doing a review and burn down soon. He has been spot on with many of his reviews.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Beretta A300 Patrol Shotgun Torture Test

Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol Review (vs. Beretta 1301)
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#20]
It’s certainly made the list of guns to buy for me. Tempted to sell a couple of old fowling pieces to buy one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got my shipping notice today. I have a grey one inbound.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#22]
best price seen on a gray version? links appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Gray is the way.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 1:05:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckeye67] [#24]

So the only thing I'm not a real fan of is where the QD mounts would go.

What I'd like to do is mount one on the right side of the stock, and then mount another on the left side of the handguard just in front of the receiver - the same setup as on my rifles.

Installing the Noveske flush QD mount on the stock seems easy enough, but do you guys think there would be enough clearance between the barrel, mag tube, gas system parts, and handguard for the mount to fit? (See photo - the yellow dot is where I'd like to put the QD sockets)

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I beleive Nordic  is going to or already has stated making replacement pieces for the plastic parts up front. TFB listed what it was on a recent video.

(The parts that are plastic not the Nordic replacements)
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 2:37:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: John_Wayne777] [#26]
Originally Posted By Buckeye67:
Installing the Noveske flush QD mount on the stock seems easy enough, but do you guys think there would be enough clearance between the barrel, mag tube, gas system parts, and handguard for the mount to fit? (See photo - the yellow dot is where I'd like to put the QD sockets)
View Quote

Hard to say. I haven't stripped the forend off one to take a look, but I don't think there's a whole lot of clearance around that area on the A300 based designs. You'll have to take it down to see.

FWIW, sling mounts there tend to interfere with efficient access to the side saddle when you are trying to load/reload the gun. I tend to keep my forward sling mount as far forward as possible for that reason on my AR's and on my shotguns.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

From the other thread.... I looked into the Noveske flush cups, but read some bad reviews.  I ended up going with Grov Tech.  I'll post some pics later.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#28]
How long until we see a nice pistol grip option?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Mine should be here tomorrow. I did confirm with Farrow Tech that their low-pro mount will work. Now I just gotta decide whether I want to run an RMR, 508T, 509T, or ACRO...
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 10:26:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ian187] [#30]
Originally Posted By JJL0325:
Mine should be here tomorrow. I did confirm with Farrow Tech that their low-pro mount will work. Now I just gotta decide whether I want to run an RMR, 508T, 509T, or ACRO...
View Quote

509T on a Tactical Ordnance mount.

https://tacord.com/product/tacord-1301-mini-mount/
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ian187:

509T on a Tactical Ordnance mount.

https://tacord.com/product/tacord-1301-mini-mount/
View Quote

I'm really leaning towards the ACRO. That mount looks solid, but too bad it's absolute cowitness
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

No. The 1301 and A300 use very different systems. The A300 uses a spring that travels down into a spring tube that is covered by the stock, so the 1301 adapters won't work on it.
View Quote

So a Mesa 1301 pistol grip stock will not work either?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TACTICAL:

View Quote

I don't know about that one...it's been a while since I looked at the guts of a Mesa to know if it would fit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I assume that it doesn't because I've seen videos where people ask Beretta repa about the 1301 stock working and they say that it will not
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#35]

I assume that it doesn't because I've seen videos where people ask Beretta repa about the 1301 stock working and they say that it will not
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What I figured looking at the tech drawings. Hopefully Mesa is getting a design ready for the injection molders as we speak.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Buckeye67:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173473/PXL_20230301_170910711_2-2729790.jpg

So the only thing I'm not a real fan of is where the QD mounts would go.

What I'd like to do is mount one on the right side of the stock, and then mount another on the left side of the handguard just in front of the receiver - the same setup as on my rifles.

View Quote

This won’t apply to the A300 Patrol but I wanted a similar placement on my 1301

It doesn’t get in the way of loading and is actually perfect for my intended use.

I had to remove some plastic to get the BCM socket to seat into place.

Super solid.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Picked up my A300 Patrol today.

Ordered the Noveske QD to add to the side of the stock.

May hit the range tomorrow with a hundred rounds of Federal FC 8 pellet
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 10:23:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#38]
Attachment Attached File

25 yards with LE13200- top two holes were from a different shot group.

Made adjustments on the optic, 4 clicks to the right (shift the group over to the right about an inch since its a 508T with 1MOA adjustment) and called it a day.

Should be 4-5 shots on that target, hopefully that was enough to account for the extreme spread of the pellets, either way they all seemed to be contained right where I'd want them.

Just got some slugs (LEB127 LRS), hoping they shoot centered with that "zero".  Will test that this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#39]

I finally got to the range yesterday with mine.  I ran about 40 rounds of Federal F127 00 Buck through the gun.

It functioned flawlessly, not a single hiccup.  Recoil, even with full-power 9 pellet loads (1325fps) seems less than my M2.

5 shots at 15 yards. Target circle is about 5.5"x 8". No fliers.

Link Posted: 3/9/2023 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#40]
I've had my A300 for a few days, but just got the Farrow Tech mount for the ACRO and offset Arisaka mount for the light. Unfortunately, probably won't get a chance to shoot it til next weekend

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Fixed...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Details on manufacture and installation please.  Thanks that is super clean looking!
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#44]
Fired about 20 rounds first outing, perfect.  Did another 30 or so today and got 5 of these on the last round.  Tube has been loaded since, gun hasnt been cleaned. Mag tube spring already feels weak.

Attachment Attached File

Gun locks back without issue, regardless of load.  Yes that’s LE13200 in there.  

I assume a simple mag tube spring change will do the trick, but I don’t know what to get and have never done a swap before.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Fired about 20 rounds first outing, perfect.  Did another 30 or so today and got 5 of these on the last round.  Tube has been loaded since, gun hasnt been cleaned. Mag tube spring already feels weak.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6045/3DEBF9CD-337F-4396-9E6F-85DA3C1826CB_jpe-2757237.JPG

Gun locks back without issue, regardless of load.  Yes that’s LE13200 in there.  

I assume a simple mag tube spring change will do the trick, but I don’t know what to get and have never done a swap before.

Any suggestions?
View Quote

Pull out the follower and spring and make sure there is nothing in there causing it to bind or get stuck.

The spring could have broken. Probably not but not impossible.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Propblast:

Details on manufacture and installation please.  Thanks that is super clean looking!

Same. More info. I think o have seen a couple videos of this but not sure it’s the same product.

Any problems installing it or it backing out once installed?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

That’s as far as the factory spring protrudes past the tube with the cap off.

I find it very hard to believe that’s proper, considering Nordic says their springs should extend a foot or more past the tube…..

There is a shockingly little amount of pressure on the follower or the last shell in the tube.  

This definitely doesn’t seem right.  

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#48]
That looks very short. My guess is your Ultima Patrol got a standard A300 spring on the assembly line.

Any other owners in this thread care to measure their springs to compare?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TrailerTrash556:
That looks very short. My guess is your Ultima Patrol got a standard A300 spring on the assembly line.

Any other owners in this thread care to measure their springs to compare?
View Quote

Most likely. Good ole American beretta CQ.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Most likely. Good ole American beretta CQ.
View Quote

Got a wolff extra power spring on the way.  Sent Beretta an email as well.   Easy fix and I needed to clean it anyways
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top