Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2002 2:32:52 PM EDT
I posted this on the general discussion board and received o replies-  I hunt deer in western New York- shotgun with slug territory.  I have become dissatisfied with my Mossberg 500- another story altogether- and now seek a semi-auto 12 gauge with rifled slug, cantaliver scope mount barrel.  It can be 2 3/4" chamber as I am not stuck on 3" chamber.  I am somewhat on a budget- Benelli is out- Is there anything out there besides a Remington 1100 or 11-87???
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
BufF, You have the answer why fight it. Just go and buy the Remington 1100 12 gauge fully rifled with the cantaliver scope mount, special purpose finish, synthetic stock, 2 3/4" chamber, cost about $500 bucks. Fill with Remington copper solids and watch the deer fall. Enjoy, MIKE.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI, I have had a Hastings 870 barrel for almost 20 years, I find the 2 3/4 is more accurate than the 3" slugs in my barrel.

Some of my friends have bought the same gun you descirbed, except in 20 gauge and they are tack drivers.  Walmart always seems to have the lowest prices on these guns.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top