Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 9:14:23 PM EDT
I fired a M2 at the range this past weekend and its a pretty sweet semi. I want to get one as an all around shotgun plus the tacticoolness I was wondering if I could mount longer/slug barrels and standard stocks?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:36:41 AM EDT
[#1]
My advice would be to save for an M4 if you want to add stuff to it. The M4 has the added benefit of the gas piston so it won't be affected when adding a bunch of accessories. The M2 is Inertia only operation and can be affected by adding weight. You'll be happy with either but happier with the M4  
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#2]
second the above.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I do not agree with the above......your not likely to hang a bunch of shit of your shotgun and if you do it doesnt matter  the M2 still works fine......I have had lights, slings, side saddle and a T1 mounted....the M2 does not skip a beat......Benelli has perfected the inertia system, when was the last time you heard of major jams with the M1/M2........The benelli inertia driven shotguns are considered the best for a reason.  I would stick with the M2 as it is a lighter package.

To answer your question, yes I dont see why it would not be possible to go from the tactical barrel to say a hunting barrel.....its all the same.  As far as the stocks I have the tactical pistol grip on my M2 currently and I own the standard comfortech stock if I feel like swaping it out....they all work, if its Marked M2 is should work.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]

I bought an M2 last year for patrol. At first I was like "hell yeah this thing is awesome." Then the first problem I found was the pistol grip stock is wayyyyyy to long when wearing armor. Did some research, no such thing as a shorter stock. You can home brew something but it will look like hammered shit. OAL of the weapon (18")is the length of a 20" 870 or 1100. every aftermarket product for it is over priced too. These things were not all that big a deal but then I discovered it can be knocked out of battery very easily. This issue alone made me loose all confidence in the weapon as a defensive/offensive tool. I traded it two months after purchase and went back to the Rem 870.

I think the inertia system is great for field or clays but for a defensive weapon there are much better choices.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top