Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2002 9:38:37 PM EDT
  Looking for a 870 forend I've seen around in some magazines and videos. It has a nylon loop attachment on the forend of the gun. Anyone know where I can find one. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump........has no one seen these? C'mon guys I've went thru page after page of search results and nada.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Make your own.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The NYC Police Department has been using straps on the underside of the forearm of their pump shotguns for years. The shooter slips his hand thru the strap and grips the forearm and the strap holds his hand in place. The straps always looked homemade to me. But then again the Department has been using the same Model 37's since the dawn of mankind and the guns are beat to shit. MIKE.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The thought of a drill and the forend of my 870 makes me cringe. I've seen them used by some Military personell, there's gotta be a company that makes these things. Back to the drawing board....
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
groups.msn.com/WesticlesWorld/myguncollection.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=51

You mean like that ? on the mossberg no shyt it looks like it is just screwed in.... just drill some guide holes of the proper size, some red loctite and get screws of the proper length and go crazy.

there isn't much stress on that strap.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The thought of a drill and the forend of my 870 makes me cringe. I've seen them used by some Military personell, there's gotta be a company that makes these things. Back to the drawing board....

Buy another forend and take the drill to that.Bushmaster sells them. Ebay has them from time to time. Scattergun Technologies has 'em. You can get a cheap grommet tool and nylon strap from any marine (boat) supply store. In fact you could probably get them or a sail shop to make the strap for you. Or, mount an Uncle Mike's QD stud to the forend and make a strap for a QD swivel.

A lot of police and military units make their own mods. That kind of innovation is part of what makes them special, not the ability to buy it off the shelf.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Just ordered a forend from Bushmaster, will look tomorrow for a nylon strap. This ought to be fun:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top