Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/2/2003 9:20:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 11:28:20 PM EDT by Wiggins]
I have a 870 with a Mossberg 18 1/2" barrel without a rib. I would like to put rifle sights on the barrel (this gun doubles as a duck gun so I don't want something like the Scattergun Technologies Ghost Ring sight). I'm looking to do this on the cheap if possible, so if I can do the work myself so much the better. Given the above, what are my options?

Kyle
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:29:42 PM EDT
Ok maybe im retarded, but did you just say that you have a Remington 870 with a Mossberg 18 1/2" barrel on it?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:38:39 PM EDT
I did. Mossberg makes replacement barrels for the 870.

Kyle
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:03:08 PM EDT
Not trying to be smart, but whats the difference b/w Ghost Ring sights and standard rifle sights as far as converting the shotgun to a duck gun. Most ghost ring rear sights are drilled and tapped into the receiver and can be removed by removing 2 screws.

Installing any rifle sights on the barrel usually involves soldering the sights on the barrel and refinishing.

I don't know which direction to point you in for a do it yourself project.

I guess a B-Square mount and a Aimpoint would be the easiest.

Thanks,
Lee
www.thearmsroom.com
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:43:22 AM EDT
I have a 24" barrel with adjustable chokes that goes on the gun when I use it for duck hunting. With the barrel mounted sights I don't have to worry about losing the screws or small parts of the sight while they're off the gun.

Kyle
Top Top