BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 1:17:17 AM EDT
[#1]
okay mako,
i think i want one but  i need questions answered:

The buttstock can be removed if one is using on a non SBR'd gun right?  I have one SBR'd Glock.  

Can you please reply w/ the exact links or part numbers of what i would need to allow me to mounteither a Glock 21 or a glock 17 in one?  Which unit and which "back plates".  

Is the charging handle and all its parts proprietary?  Could a larger or ambi latch be put on one perhaps?

Can it work w/ a G21 and an osprey suppressor?  If not, would i have to open it up inside or just grind hte lower part of the forward section off all together.  

Do you guys deal w/ anyone in Jax FL?
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FAB-Defense:
Well guys, this is a well known challenge.

check out this video of our brand-new "LB-200" handgun support system;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgvkWO1MGR4&feature=player_detailpage

Does not transform your handgun legally in to an SBR.

coming soon

Ariel
FAB-Defense
View Quote

will that thing fold over or under or be fixed?
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MakoDefense:

The other way around, actually. We don't currently stock a separate conversion plate to go from large frame to 9mm sized Glocks, but it may be possible. I would have to ask FAB.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Dhampir:
So, can one purchase a Glock 21 KPOS Gen 2 and then a separate conversion plate to use 9mm Glocks as well?

The other way around, actually. We don't currently stock a separate conversion plate to go from large frame to 9mm sized Glocks, but it may be possible. I would have to ask FAB.  

okay, so the only adapter plate that you get from the MFG as an indiviaul seperate part that can be ordered is the one that will allow you to put a G20/21 in a unit originally packaged to hold a G17?  So, if one wants to use the unit on both size frame guns, order the one for small frames and order the extra back plate thing that fits 20/21s?

Can you please reply w/ that part number and price, or a link?  I can't find it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Back to this thread.  WA State's legislature just voted to pass the SBR law, which will allow us to have them here.  So, now it's just a matter of time until we can get them in WA.  

Questions:
1) I understand that I'll have to pay the $200 ATF stamp and register an SBR.  However, what am registering?  The whole thing?

2) If I have two or three pistols in different cals, can I use any of them under the same stamp?

3) I read about an "engraving".  What exactly must be engraved and where?

4) Can I install and remove the stock as I want, or it will have to be permanently attached?

5) Any place where I can find more detailed info about this?   I mean plain English.  Some of the stuff in the ATF website is confusing.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you make a back plate (The part that the stock is attached to) that accepts an AR style buffer tube?

I would like to order one of your new Pathfinder units so I don't have to do the SBR thing, but would like to add my own buffer tube with SIG brace. Would also like to add a folding mechanism that would fold to the left side opposed to the right side, like the pathfinder.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By twydyn:

No.  It's the small rubber buffer that makes direct contact with the back of the glock.  It's hard to explain but turn the kpos g2 over.  Unhing the rear portion, there will be a small rubber bulge with 2 Small holes next to it.  This part has way to much movement and can be pushed in with ease.  When the back portion is put into place on the glock this rubber part makes direct contact with the glock.  Because it has give the whole rear end of the kpos moves up and down.  This is the problem.
View All Quotes
Are you talking about the rubber buttpad?

No.  It's the small rubber buffer that makes direct contact with the back of the glock.  It's hard to explain but turn the kpos g2 over.  Unhing the rear portion, there will be a small rubber bulge with 2 Small holes next to it.  This part has way to much movement and can be pushed in with ease.  When the back portion is put into place on the glock this rubber part makes direct contact with the glock.  Because it has give the whole rear end of the kpos moves up and down.  This is the problem.

Ever figure this out? I just put one on my SBR'd G22 and the stock wiggles on mine too. That little spring loaded round thing is just too soft. Just playing "pew pew pew" with it the stock moves too much. Im thinking of just wedging something in that gap to prevent the movement. Like a cheap AK buffer trimmed down to fill the gap
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By moshaholic2:

Ever figure this out? I just put one on my SBR'd G22 and the stock wiggles on mine too. That little spring loaded round thing is just too soft. Just playing "pew pew pew" with it the stock moves too much. Im thinking of just wedging something in that gap to prevent the movement. Like a cheap AK buffer trimmed down to fill the gap
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By moshaholic2:
Are you talking about the rubber buttpad?

No I never did.  I tried to get help but never got replies back and eventually gave up.  Did you end up fixing this issue?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I received mine about 6 weeks ago. I wish someone from FAB would respond to my e-mails. The quality of the machining is excellent but they are using a VERY VERY strong locktite material on all of their screws which is fine but they need to back off on the amount and the strength. Upon receiving it I had to adjust the "Op Rod" to contact my slide properly by moving it to the reward position. Using new allen wrenches I had a very hard time removing the screws but was able to. These are VERY small and hardly have meat to them to allow the force needed to release the thread lock compound, If you use a wrench that has the very least wear in the point of contact chances are you WILL strip the screw.

Then I wanted to mount my trident 9 suppressor on the gun so I had to remove the front extension since it does not allow a suppressor to center itself with the gun barrel, this was a serious problem! The screw would not release. I tried heating and cooling many times in order to break it's contact but nothing would release it. Finally I thought it was moving but it was not and stripped. I then had to drill it out and use a screw extractor and it still would not come out! Finally with the extractor fully inserted in the pilot hole I had to drill I resorted to a propane blowtorch. I was VERY concerned that I would damage the finish but I had no other choice. With a large amount of heat in a pencil flame I finally saw the general area sweat which was apparently all the locktite. NO ONE will be able to remove the screw with the amount of threadlocker that was used on my gun. I was lucky and the finish was not damaged after a little cleaning.

I have contacted FAB industries and informed them with photos of what happened along with a request for a couple of replacement screws so if I want to restore it to it's original condition I can. Never received a response from them.  

It's a fun gun to shoot, so far it appears to be working well even with sub-sonic loads. It is built well but this problem needs to be addressed, it's not that necessary to gob it on. It's an expensive accessory but it arrived in 7 days as promised and in good condition.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
You should make one with a FOLDABLE "ARM BRACE" (NON-STOCK) hint hint wink wink nudge nudge.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:11:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zonabalona] [#13]
disregard this comment
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top