Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:17:22 AM EDT
Finally finished my latest build.  It was going to be a G.I. replica.  Then it morphed into this after talking to my father about what he would want in a pistol build and ended up buildling this for him.  It is still in the white.  I am going to be sending it to Russel and Chick to have it finished in Royal Blue.  Sorry about the picture quality.  I still do not have it down.

Aim straight and have fun
Jon
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
What, no comments?  You did a nice job.  I like the stippling on the beavertail.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice job.  I like that a lot.  

If you have a chance, would you mind taking a couple of pics of your feed ramp?  I'm having a bit of problems with my Caspian in this area and I have run into a couple other people with the same problem.  I'm wondering if this is a Caspian thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:39:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Hobbs thank you.  That means a lot coming from you.  
Cliffy I did not use a Caspian frame on this build.  i was given an Les Bear frame so I used that.  I will although get some picturse of the feed ramp for you.  What kind of problems did you have?  We might be able to help you with it.

Jon
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:46:50 AM EDT
[#4]
That's purdy.

I like it!

Danny
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hobbs thank you.  That means a lot coming from you.  
Cliffy I did not use a Caspian frame on this build.  i was given an Les Bear frame so I used that.  I will although get some picturse of the feed ramp for you.  What kind of problems did you have?  We might be able to help you with it.

Jon

Thanks for the offer.  My problems were well documented in another thread and this forum was very helpful in getting things straight.  The Caspian feed ramp is shallow and not as concave as a Springfield feed ramp.  The only problem with that is when using flat pointed bullets out of an 8 round magazine.  Other than that, its fine.

I would be curious to see the Baer feed ramp though.  Thanks in advance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top