Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/26/2006 11:33:14 AM EDT
My cherry's popped. I got my first 1911 yesterday. NIB from classic arms for $299. This thing is freakin' sweet. I took it out this afternoon and ran some 230 gr. "full metal case" from georgia arms. I was expecting alot of recoil but, this was not the case. It's now my favorite handgun. I guess because it's so heavy but this is a sweet shooter. I was surprised that it is very accurate. I can contol this better than any of my other pistols. I'm hooked now so I guess I need to get more money to get the commando version, right?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:15:42 PM EDT
I've been looking at those too. Keep us updated as to how she runs and let us know about any problems, . . . if you have any.

Looks like a good 1911 intro gun.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:41:07 PM EDT
I also purchased one yesterday. After a good cleaning, it fired 230grn lead ball, Silver Tips and Winchester 230grn FMJ without a single stoppage. I was surprised with the quality you get with a $300.00-$350.00 dollar .45. At 20yrds, it was holding 3 inch groups, although about 2 inches high. The windage is dead on. I'm sure it will group better when the wind drops below 30mph.
Good buy for the money!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:27:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OIFVET:
I also purchased one yesterday. After a good cleaning, it fired 230grn lead ball, Silver Tips and Winchester 230grn FMJ without a single stoppage. I was surprised with the quality you get with a $300.00-$350.00 dollar .45. At 20yrds, it was holding 3 inch groups, although about 2 inches high. The windage is dead on. I'm sure it will group better when the wind drops below 30mph.
Good buy for the money!

+1, it is a good buy...and a great gun for the price. Also a good base gun to tinker with if you want to try some mods yourself.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:43:52 PM EDT
did you buy it at a gun show or what? I live near them, but can't buy unless its at a gun show I guess as they have no retail store
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:36:32 PM EDT
I got my RIA at the Charlotte gun show from classic arms. 50 bucks cheaper than anyone else. I was also looking at the SA. I'll probably get a compact 1911 next. Maybe the SA champion. This pistol is awesome. I went to Gander Mountain and got some .45 wolf for 7.99 a box. I got 5 boxes because it was all I could carry on my motorcycle. I'll probably get some more this weekend.
Top Top