Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2006 6:31:47 AM EDT
i just picked up my springfield g.i. 45. i have a question about the safety. this is my first 1911. i'm a long gun type of guy and on my rifles wether i have a clip in it or not i can engage the safety button. how does the safety work on this pistol? without a clip i cant make the safety lever move. i know this is probably a stupid question but i dont want to force anything and break it. i'll be taking to the range today and dont want to look stupid.does the safety work with a loaded mag in it only?help a new guy out, please......
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#2]
prompt response from a florida boy.........thanks..
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
BTW... where firearms are concerned... there ARE no "dumb questions..." only dumb mistakes!h.gif
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey congrats!
.....and it is a magazine, not a clip. Again, dont think you asked a dumb question. We all gotta learn somewhere. I dont know everything. This is probably the first of many 1911s for you! Enjoy the gun and shoot it lots!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top