Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 9:53:05 PM EDT
I accidentally bought .45 GAP rounds instead of .45 ACP rounds for my 1911.  I never even heard of this round.  Apparently its mean glock auto pistol.  I thought i might just try to load a mag with a round and see if it would chamber it.  Of course my 1911 did.  I didnt fire it thought.  Would it cycle safely?  I dont see it being a problem since its a shortened .45.  But then the chamber is built for a longer round..  Has to be less pressure.  Well, i dont know, maybe its more...  Would my 1911 shoot them?  Or am i just stupid asking a question i already know - DONT FIRE A ROUND IN A GUN THATS NOT MADE FOR THE GUN.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
the shell casing is thicker due to higher pressure powder so it might be a bad idea.
However if you decide to try this video tape it for us
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]
DO NOT DO THAT! It's not the same as a .38 in a .357, or even .44 spl in a 44mag. Find somewon with a .45gap and give them the ammo and replace it with .45 ACP...Hog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top