Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/1/2005 7:36:09 PM EDT
Last Sunday I was going to grease the rails on my SA Loaded. I had a hard time removing the barrel bushing. It finally gave after I slightly moved the slide. I managed to keep the spring keeper in sight, but I heard the barrel bushing go "tink" on my garage floor.
I have looked all over, cleaned that half of the garage, and still can't find it.
WTF?
How high/far can they bounce?
I am almost ready to believe it bounced through a black hole into the Twilight Zone.
I am going to order a replacement. How are the Wilson Combat stainless bushings?
Jim
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:22:44 AM EDT
Really need to mic the slide ID and the barrel OD before ordering a replacement bushing.

You will need to fit the bushing (read forget about drop in models), and if the new busing is just a little tight, you should be able to take it down by hand and may luck up with no barrel springing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:54:32 PM EDT
I found the answer to my question. A stainless steel SA barrel bushing can bounce approximately 24.5".
I found mine Christmas eve. in the front yard in a spot I had searched several times.
Thank goodness it's stainless. It shows no corrosion or rust, and is now installed where it belongs.
At least I don't have to have a replacement fitted.
Jim
Top Top