Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
Only waited 2 years for this SandHawk

https://i.imgur.com/H3MOVcV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wtvQMuT.jpg
View Quote

That’s amazing. I’ve never seen a sand hawk before.

How’s it perform?
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JohnMH92:

That’s amazing. I’ve never seen a sand hawk before.

How’s it perform?
View Quote

I haven't shoot it yet. Still waiting on optic and I've been out here in AZ working..

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
STI 5" Hex Tac with Chambers Plate. Love this thing, it is a tack driver when I do my part. This was 5 rounds at 15 yards just messing around.

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have a C2 mounted with an RMRcc?

Thinking about picking this up to replace my g19 as I’ve talked about in the “millennial perspective of carrying a 1911” thread.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have a C2 mounted with an RMRcc?

Thinking about picking this up to replace my g19 as I’ve talked about in the “millennial perspective of carrying a 1911” thread.
View Quote

If I wasn't so big that would be my choice for a carry piece. I am able to conceal the P. And get the threaded version and add the cadre comp if you get the C2. My perfect gun would be a C2 with a P sized grip and a cadre comp. That would fill all the roles from ccw, competition, to civil war if needed.

Side note for P users. Talked with Greg Slemp of Threat Cadre when I ordered my cadre comp. He said Mike Panone is running a 17 pound main spring in it and said to try it out. Spring came from DP the other day. Took it to work to shoot today. This is a simple upgrade that you should be doing ASAP. Reduced pressure on the hammer for the slide to reciprocate and makes the trigger a tiny bit light which was the sweet spot for me. 8 bucks from Dawson Precision including shipping. So far it has been great advice.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Colt 1911, old school pre ban ivory with nickel Colt medallions
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:

If I wasn't so big that would be my choice for a carry piece. I am able to conceal the P. And get the threaded version and add the cadre comp if you get the C2. My perfect gun would be a C2 with a P sized grip and a cadre comp. That would fill all the roles from ccw, competition, to civil war if needed.

Side note for P users. Talked with Greg Slemp of Threat Cadre when I ordered my cadre comp. He said Mike Panone is running a 17 pound main spring in it and said to try it out. Spring came from DP the other day. Took it to work to shoot today. This is a simple upgrade that you should be doing ASAP. Reduced pressure on the hammer for the slide to reciprocate and makes the trigger a tiny bit light which was the sweet spot for me. 8 bucks from Dawson Precision including shipping. So far it has been great advice.
View Quote

Staccato 2011X | Cadre Comp | Threat Cadre
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By rod727:
Colt 1911, old school pre ban ivory with nickel Colt medallions
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/134638/A3073A39-7364-4378-8C24-C2CFF9FF5157_jpe-2225187.JPG
View Quote

a 2011 on a diet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 1:25:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USAFtacFANAC] [#12]
Originally Posted By Default-Gateway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV7Y0gHp5Pw
View Quote

Thanks. I saw it a while ago. I base this off how much I loved my 19X before my staccato. Put a single port comp on it and a MRDS. Perfect size with a single port in my opinion. The cadre comp on my P makes it a touch long for my liking.
ETA: 2011 pic thread. Here is mine waiting on the UPS truck.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#13]
@WhiskersTheCat

All finished finally. 17# main spring is worth the 8 bucks in the P model. I don't need to make a long winded short review. The grip is worth it without shooting it yet. Color is a little off what I was hoping for, but I really don't give a shit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#14]
@WhiskersTheCat

All finished finally. 17# main spring is worth the 8 bucks in the P model. I don't need to make a long winded short review. The grip is worth it without shooting it yet. Color is a little off what I was hoping for, but I really don't give a shit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323787/PXL_20220104_234207757_MP_jpg-2228717.JPG
View Quote

Yeah fuck gay colors, does it feel noticeably better?
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote

Fuck man, I will try to keep this short.

The grip? Yes. I have XL gloved hands. I like slim profiles. Meaning my production CZ SP-01 has lok grips WITHOUT palm swells. The Extremeshooter grip is thinner. The texture is far better than stock. Like I said, I know without shooting it that it is better.

The 17# mainspring? Yes. Tested by both myself and the boys in the shop. Less hammer pressure on the recoil impulse. It makes the trigger a touch lighter. Perfect for my humble opinion of carry and gun games. I think the 17# mainspring is what most P guys should test out right away for how cheap it is. Ran winchester white box, blazer, and PRVI 124 gn without a problem. Worst case, you hate it and can bitch at me for wasting 8 bucks right?
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#16]

The grip? Yes. I have XL gloved hands. I like slim profiles. Meaning my production CZ SP-01 has lok grips WITHOUT palm swells. The Extremeshooter grip is thinner. The texture is far better than stock. Like I said, I know without shooting it that it is better.

The 17# mainspring? Yes. Tested by both myself and the boys in the shop. Less hammer pressure on the recoil impulse. It makes the trigger a touch lighter. Perfect for my humble opinion of carry and gun games. I think the 17# mainspring is what most P guys should test out right away for how cheap it is. Ran winchester white box, blazer, and PRVI 124 gn without a problem. Worst case, you hate it and can bitch at me for wasting 8 bucks right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sigh.

Yeah I'm going to have to check that out. Would you be kind enough to provide a link? I must certainly could find it on my own, but I am cracking beers at the moment.

BTW thanks for the tag
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Sigh.

Yeah I'm going to have to check that out. Would you be kind enough to provide a link? I must certainly could find it on my own, but I am cracking beers at the moment.

BTW thanks for the tag
View Quote

Sorry for the late link. I was wayyy ahead of you on the beers.

Mainspring
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 2:03:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Is that a Costa STI? It looks like the Costa Carry Comp but something looks different.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 2:11:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Is that a Costa STI? It looks like the Costa Carry Comp but something looks different.
View Quote

Looks like the Costa comp with a black grip section instead of tan and the galactic empire cog added to the side of the slide to me. A very nice gun and one I wish I had picked up when they were more affordable.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 2:22:28 AM EDT
[#21]
OST
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By friskydingo:

Looks like the Costa comp with a black grip section instead of tan and the galactic empire cog added to the side of the slide to me. A very nice gun and one I wish I had picked up when they were more affordable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By friskydingo:
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

That makes two of us. The Cog threw me off so that's one thing. Something about the slide looks different to me but it's been so long I'm probably wrong.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Threaded P is the best P. Very nice Sir.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 10:59:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyO223] [#24]
It's a clone I built of the costa carry comp.

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#26]
This thread makes me miss my STI tactical 4.0.  

That was a such great pistol, until it wasn't.  Couldn't shake random extractor and ejector issues popping up randomly every couple of thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#28]

You did the slide yourself ?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JohnnyO223:
It's a clone I built
View Quote

I am extremely impressed
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JohnnyO223:

Yes
View Quote

That’s phenomenal sir.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Those are some well used well worn pistols. Love it
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#35]
The Edge is the only one I put the wear on unfortunately and even it was beat up when I got it. Haven't shot the Tactical's as much as I've had some issues with them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:41:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bryan_Aim] [#36]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 5:03:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wetfuego] [#37]
My friend bought an XL for Christmas which then prompted my other friend to buy a C2 after shooting it.  After that I shot both of them and impulsively bought the P.  Took it out for the first time yesterday and put 225 rounds through it.  Between this and my Dan Wesson, not sure how I can go back to non-1911 style firearms.  Ringing 6" steel plates at 25 yards is kind of a joke.  Already sold my LTT kitted Beretta and I'm now thinking about ditching my 226.

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
My friend bought an XL for Christmas which then prompted my other friend to buy a C2 after shooting it.  After that I shot both of them and impulsively bought the P.  Took it out for the first time yesterday and put 225 rounds through it.  Between this and my Dan Wesson, not sure how I can go back to non-1911 style firearms.  Ringing 6" steel plates at 25 yards is kind of a joke.  Already sold my LTT kitted Beretta and I'm now thinking about ditching my 226.

https://i.imgur.com/NYG7gzt.jpg
View Quote

Nice guns! That’s exactly how I am… haven’t taken a single pistol out to the range other than my XL for the last 3 months and 5k rds… have zero desire to either. Sucks cuz I carry a glock on duty lol.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:41:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnMH92] [#41]
Originally Posted By Bryan_Aim:

built by DSC GUNWORKS in Holland MI, he calls it a mini XC.    I was able to design what I wanted and had it in 3 weeks
View Quote

Interesting. Holland MI is about 1 hour away from me. Might have to look into them. How’s it shoot??

Doesn’t look like they do full guns, just customize ones?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Went to visit my CGS Mod 9SK in jail.  Definitely balances a lot better than the Obsidian 45.  Almost 9 months pending...

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Chambers NF
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Carbon244:
https://i.postimg.cc/RCWmbqbc/Chambers-wmg-NF.jpg

Chambers NF
View Quote

Love the $2,000 worth of mags in the pic lol. Sitting at 12 staccato mags and 2 atlas mags. Maybe one day I’ll be at your level

Chambers is for sure a grail gun. I just don’t have the patience right now to wait that long for it. I bet it’s an amazing gun

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Love the $2,000 worth of mags in the pic lol. Sitting at 12 staccato mags and 2 atlas mags. Maybe one day I’ll be at your level

Chambers is for sure a grail gun. I just don’t have the patience right now to wait that long for it. I bet it’s an amazing gun

View Quote

its pretty amazing, shoots flat, insanely accurate at 25y, and i have yet to have any issues w/reliability,  i have a comped chambers on order but it will be awhile for it, they are definitely worth the cost imo over other options in the same price range,

i totally wrote the wrong year on my B8,  i was trying to shoot into the future.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Yes, I know is says 2011 buttttttt……it is a single stack so it has to be a 1911  

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bryan_Aim:

its at monsoon tactical getting ported and optic cut, I have never put a round through it.  Its a older one though.
View Quote

Post some pictures or a video of that thing when it comes back. If you don’t mind my asking, how come you have not shot it before sending it off?
Page / 9
2011 Picture Thread (Page 2 of 9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top