Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2010 6:23:17 PM EDT
WTK: 1911A1 Ejection Issue

Question for the board experts.

I adjusted my extractor to get the proper tension on the case. All the rounds feed and eject, no FTF's or FTE's.

My problem is that 80% of the time, the fire case ejects really nicely off to the side. The other 20% of the time, the case ejects and hits me straight in the forehead.

Any suggestions to fix the 20% issue?

Thanks,

Don-S1
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:59:43 PM EDT
Loose firing pin stop or sloppy extractor to firing pin slop fit. Is your extractor rotating slightly?

Fitting an oversized firing pin stop will should fix this.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:00:43 PM EDT
Your extractor is clocking. Solution is to fit an oversized firing pin stop.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:58:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:05:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eddiein1984:
Loose firing pin stop or sloppy extractor to firing pin slop fit. Is your extractor rotating slightly?

Fitting an oversized firing pin stop will should fix this.


Thanks for the feedback.

The extractor is slightly rotated. But it is very tight in the slide channel.

I have a second firing pin stop, but it is as loose fitting as the first.

I'll pick up an oversized stop. Any recommendations as to who to pick one up from?

Thanks,

Don-S1
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:16:44 AM EDT
Make sure you are gripping the pistol the same way each time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:47:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Don-S1:
Originally Posted By eddiein1984:
Loose firing pin stop or sloppy extractor to firing pin slop fit. Is your extractor rotating slightly?

Fitting an oversized firing pin stop will should fix this.


Thanks for the feedback.

The extractor is slightly rotated. But it is very tight in the slide channel.

I have a second firing pin stop, but it is as loose fitting as the first.

I'll pick up an oversized stop. Any recommendations as to who to pick one up from?

Thanks,

Don-S1


The EGW oversize FPS is excellent.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:47:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2010 3:44:53 PM EDT by Green0]
Top Top