Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/6/2002 10:24:57 AM EDT
I was thinking about buying one of these but I wanted to ask about the recoil. Is it uncomfortable enough that it is not fun to fire for say 50 rounds? Please only honest assessments without the tough guy "I can fire any gun all day long cause I'm a real man" posts hanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 12:52:47 PM EDT
Hi Ricky,
I am a 49 year old Grandma with tiny hands, tough-guy enough?
I have owned and carried a G-29 for the last 5 years, putting at least 5,000 rounds through it.
It is a snappy gun. If you limp wrist it, it will bite you. I shoot 2 handed, and have never had a problem putting 200-300 rounds through it at one sitting.
Now, I handed it to some man once, who failed to heed my warnings. He held it too close, and not tight enough, and it bit him between the eyes, breaking his shooting glasses.
It is nowhere near the recoil of a S&W .44 Mag, but this is not some little .40 Short&Weak either.
You can reload for it, and make your practice rounds a bit lighter, or load for defense, and crank her up to .41 Mag specs.
This gun has never hurt me from recoil, but I grab it like I mean it, no light limp grip will hold this puppy down.
It has been utterly reliable, never missed a beat, and I trust it with my life.
Maybe you should try one before you buy one, if you are concerned.
One word of advice; if you have large hands, you may not be able to grip this gun well, as although the grips are fat from the double stack, they are very short.
I have little hands, and it fits me perfectly.
I love this gun.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:14:36 AM EDT
Top Top