Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/8/2003 9:29:55 PM EDT
I found a new tec 22 in the box with 2 clips, manual, book; everything. 290 Shipped. Pretty good price right? Anyhow I realize these aren't the best guns in the world, but tell me what you think.

Thanks Jerad
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:16:55 AM EDT
That seems about the going price.
On the 2 mags, they should say scorpion to be authentic.
Of the 4 I had, only one worked flawlessly.
I use a Ruger 10 round rotary mag as a standard to test reliability.
Also, if your has the threaded barrel, the nut will loosen up, I used an O-ring on it and it is still tight.
Eagle 30 round mags work fine but Butler Creeks 25s don't...at least in the Tec-22.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:58:50 PM EDT
I would take the same amount of $$$$ & buy a decent gun. Maybe get a Ruger 10/22 & then put some sort of aftermarket bullpup stock, if you choose.

Or go get a real gun like a Mac-90 for the same money.

My .o2
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:18:27 PM EDT
I bought one with a standard 10 rounder about 6 months ago new, for $110. I put about 500 rounds through it and it busted. The firing pin broke, Theyre cheapo metal. I paid $20 to get it fixed, mistake. less than 100 rounds later, the PLASTIC extractor melted! The gunsmith took pitty on me, and replaced it for free, and now I can't get it to fire more than one round at a time, even using stingers!
From what I understand, these pistols are a cheap hit and miss product, sometimes theyre a dream, sometimes crap. I'd say stay away from newer models, and check out older ones real good. Don't buy it is my vote, I was dissapointed, but not surprised. I agree with BobCole.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:37:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2003 7:37:53 PM EDT by Gopher]
I had one of the first ones that came out. The first time I shot it it would triple or double and went full auto once. Just wouldnt do it on command dang it. After sending it back under the recall it was a fun, accurate and reliable little gun. It worked great with Eaton 25 rounders and Ramline 50's. Kinda neat to carry a pistol around that held a whole box of .22 ammo. I sold it right before Brady went into effect in 94 I think. Let it go way, way under what it was worth too. Kinda wish I had kept it.

P.S. paid $189 for it new.
Top Top