Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/7/2003 7:35:18 PM EDT

I saw/held a FN90 a couple months ago, and was amazed that a pistol firing the same round was in production. Is there any restrictions on this type of weapon, especially since it defeats body armor so easily? How much is it selling for? How rare is this pistol, and how long do you think it will be before this thing is seriously restricted/outlawed? Any and all info/responses welcome. Thanks.

Anyone...

Anyone...

B....

J
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:48:38 PM EDT
Well, it's not the weapon but the ammo that's armour piercing. And civilians can only own 'practice' rounds for the pistol. I'm not even impressed by the ballistics of the armour piercing rounds, since it's not so much important that they can get through body armour, it's what they do to the soft target inside that armour. And from what I've seen, the answer is 'not much'.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:32:07 PM EDT
My buddy's dad bought one. They are freaking light, he handed me the box and I questioned if there was a pistol inside. The double action model has a trigger pull that is about an inch and a half. However I wasn't impressed with it, well not for the price.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:01:22 AM EDT

Considering that this new "toy" can penetrate most forms of body armor, don't you think that it will get the same treatment as the dreaded "Death Talons" as they like to call them on CSI Miami?

J
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:13:26 AM EDT
Well, no, it's still the ammo that can pierce body armour, not the weapon. And you can't get that ammo.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:16:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jack_Archer:
Well, it's not the weapon but the ammo that's armour piercing. And civilians can only own 'practice' rounds for the pistol. I'm not even impressed by the ballistics of the armour piercing rounds, since it's not so much important that they can get through body armour, it's what they do to the soft target inside that armour. And from what I've seen, the answer is 'not much'.

Same here. I am left wondering why you would shoot someone through body armor with a pistol round that compares less than favorably to a .22 LR in soft tissue.

TRG
Top Top