Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 5:02:25 PM EDT
Anybody got one in .22 LR or .17 HMR?

Any good or bad about it?

Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#1]
These are one of Ruger's kept secrets, IMO. Hard to see them at gunshows anymore, I'm not certain they're still made.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The single-six is still made and still a great gun. In fact the 50th anniversary single-six is out this year check it out on rugers site.  I've got a three-screw single-six and think I'm gonna get the anniversary for XMAS.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the New Single Six in the .22LR/.22magnum version. It's a great looking/shooting little gun for plinking and lotsa shooting. Ammo is inexpensive, yet the interchangeable .22 magnum cylinder allows the gun to "reach out," with the more expensive magnum round for distance. I prefer to always have it at the range with me, for fun shooting when the serious stuff is done. I took my 9 year old grandson to the range this summer, for the first time, and he thoroughly enjoyed it, and had better scores than with the semi-auto slabside government model, because it required single action attention. Great gun for teaching your wife, girlfriend, or children/grandchildren, or yourself to ENJOY shooting target . Own one; you won't regret its purchase price.
RugerCal480 (Mike)
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 3:56:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one in .32 HR mag.  It's a pretty fun gun to play with.  With the .32's, the loading port is pretty small.  You have to get everything lined up right to eject.  That wouldn't be a concern with the much smaller .22, etc.  

I don't think I'll ever be able to wear it out with the .32 mag.   A .22 would last forever.

The sights are pretty decent for a small handgun.  They are big enough to be easy to use and easy to define.  Most small guns come with pretty useless sights.

If you want a single-action .22, 17 or .32, the Single-Six is worth a look.

Ross
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.

I'm seriously considering one.

CRC
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine. First gun I bought when I started shooting again. I've started hunting with mine. Bang-1 squirrels-0

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top