Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/30/2003 4:53:42 PM EDT
I stopped at the Wolverine Guns on the way home this afternoon and shot three of my handguns. I fired two 22 LR revolvers, a nickle plated 4" S&W M34-1 and a 3" M43. I also shot the pistol I carried today which is a Sig P239 with Nill grips.

I am here to tell you I shoot the P239 better than either of these little wheel guns. At 10 yards my target looked like a pepper shaker had been used instead of aimed shots from the revolvers. In my defense my eyes couldn't pick up the front sight on the M43. the front and rear blended together. I think I am going to find some bright orange/red paint. I did better with the M43 when just shooting at the white paper and then aiming at the prior round. The M34 was much better as I could pick up the nickle front sight against the black circle.

I have never shot my P239 much as I prefer my G27 or regular carry gun a Kahr K40. The P239 as I have said feels blocky and heavy to me. I gained a lot of respect for the P239 today. The Sig performed much better than the revolvers by producing a small orange size group of 100 rounds at 10 yards. You guessed it! What? Nary a bobble.

I let three lady Sheriff's Dept Cadets try the Sig P239 and they all prefered it to their issue P226s in 9mm. I am here to tell you old and frail as I am I can shoot better than these women did. I told them I am not always going to be able to protect myself and I expected them to improve their shooting skills if they have to pick up the slack for me. All this was tongue in cheek. They were fun to shoot with.

All in all I enjoyed myself.

Regards,

Richard:D
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:31:28 AM EDT
Sounds like fun.

What caliber is your SIG in?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:48:06 PM EDT
You're preaching to the choir as far as the performance of a SIG.
I'm definitely going to have to figure out how to get multiple women wanting to shoot my gun at the range!!

I noticed something in your post that I'd thought I'd mention-

You said you find the P239 too blocky and heavy. Then I saw you own a G27 and a Kahr40.
I'd say check out how the SigPro2340 in .40 (looks like you lean towards that caliber for carry). With the polymer frame it weighs considerably less than other SIGs, and has the same SIG accuracy. The other two pistols are easier to conceal, but with cold weather coming it's certainly able to do with the SP2340. And as any salesman would say (although in this case it's true), 'I own one myself.'
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:51:36 AM EDT
zougou,

My Sig P239 is a 40 S&W. My honest opinion is I have been to picky with it in the past. My current opinion is a P239 with night sights is ready to go for streets. How do I carry it? I use an Alessi Belt Slide holster or Kramer IWB.

Raulin, I am not picky when it comes to triggers. Give me a useable trigger and I am okay. That is why I like my G27 so much. This little gun has little recoil, is compact, reliable, and accurate. What more can I ask for?

The pistol I carry the most is my custom Kahr K40. It has 30 lpi checkering on the front strap, checkered Hogue grips, night sights, and hartd chrome by Virgil Tripp.

Regards,

Richard:D
Top Top