Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2003 9:48:55 AM EDT
I have been trying to find the difference between a Beretta model 92F and the FS model,as I recently starting shooting the 92F.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:46:17 PM EDT
The FS has features designed into it to catch the slide in case you have one of those fabled "slide seperations" that happened a long time ago.

Just above the left side grip panel you'll see the part that now extends up into a recesss in the slide.

Someone will come along with a far more technical description than Im offering. I sold my 92F and 92FS off a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 1:20:44 PM EDT
The Beretta model 92FS has a hammer pin with an over-sized head to fit into a groove machined in the slide. If the slide separated, it would not strike the user in the face. Also there is a difference with the locking block. The corners have been altered to prevent breakage, I think that I heard they were rounded but I am unsure on this one. Those are the only differences that I know of.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:05:49 PM EDT
Good info, I wonder how many cases of "slide seperation" there have been, thats almost enough to make you flinch when shooting the thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:09:38 PM EDT
AFAIK, the only seperations cases occured with the military, specifically the SEALS, who shot thousands of NATO +P rds thru them.

I always wondered if they ever changed their recoil springs?

Anyway, enjoy your 92FS as they're damn good guns.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:56:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Parker2:
Good info, I wonder how many cases of "slide seperation" there have been, thats almost enough to make you flinch when shooting the thing.

There's been a lot fewer slide seperations on Berettas than there have been kBs in Glocks...
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:50:49 AM EDT
Thanks for the information, it was what I wanted to know.
Top Top