Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2003 9:48:55 AM EDT
I have been trying to find the difference between a Beretta model 92F and the FS model,as I recently starting shooting the 92F.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The FS has features designed into it to catch the slide in case you have one of those fabled "slide seperations" that happened a long time ago.

Just above the left side grip panel you'll see the part that now extends up into a recesss in the slide.

Someone will come along with a far more technical description than Im offering.  I sold my 92F and 92FS off a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The Beretta model 92FS has a hammer pin with an over-sized head to fit into a groove machined in the slide. If the slide separated, it would not strike the user in the face.  Also there is a difference with the locking block.  The corners have been altered to prevent breakage, I think that I heard they were rounded but I am unsure on this one.  Those are the only differences that I know of.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Good info, I wonder how many cases of "slide seperation" there have been, thats almost enough to make you flinch when shooting the thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
AFAIK, the only seperations cases occured with the military, specifically the SEALS, who shot thousands of NATO +P rds thru them.

I always wondered if they ever changed their recoil springs?

Anyway, enjoy your 92FS as they're damn good guns.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Good info, I wonder how many cases of "slide seperation" there have been, thats almost enough to make you flinch when shooting the thing.

There's been a lot fewer slide seperations on Berettas than there have been kBs in Glocks...
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information, it was what I wanted to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top