Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/23/2003 6:36:04 PM EDT
Considering the purchase of another 9mm handgun. Anyone fire and/or handle the S&W 915? What kind of accuracy can one expect of it?
Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:34:21 PM EDT
Avoid the 915. You'd be better off getting an older 39/59 series S&W for the same money.

If you're hellbent on the 915, I'd say you'd probably be getting 4-6" groups at 25 yards.

Of course, there's huge variables such as shooter ability & ammo compatability to that particular gun.

There's also a bunch of Glock 17 police trade-ins that can be had for $350 or so.

My .o2
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:48:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:06:05 AM EDT
Besides having had two 915s, I remember a gun rag saying that they shoot better that they should, as I found to be the case.
My first one, after installing Millet night sights to get the point of aim zeroed in, would shoot into a playing card at 30 yards.
The original 915 came with one 15 round mag, the later ones came with a 10.
Not to sound overly "pro Smith", 15 round mags can be found easily and parts from any other similar Smith 9 will fit it.
Like Bob said, there are variables but if the price is right, I would do it.
Speaking of variables...my CZ-85 Combat choked on hollowpoints, the Smith didn't, even though the CZ is recognized as the better of the two.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:58:37 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies! I might have to reconsider this option..
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:51:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stokes:
If you're contemplating a Wonder-Nine, please consider the CZ-75. It is a much better gun than the Smith, and probably a few pennies cheaper.

Yup-But get a CZ75-b or 1 of the all too confusing iterations. Mine goes BANG all the Time,,,Hi Caps are relatively cheap and if you get a Compact you still get 10 rounds and they fit the Milt Sparks SSII (with a little creative stretching) which is/was stocked by Brownells.
Top Top