Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2003 7:44:34 PM EDT
I have a Hopkins and Allen Safety Hammer .32.  It is in nice condition and shoots fine, except that it will not hold the hammer back in single action.  Through research, I'm finding this to be common?  I would like to replace the part that is worn down, but I'm not sure which part to replace.  Can someone tell me which part I need to order and replace to make this pistol a true DA again?  While your at it, any advice for disassembly and reassembly would greatly be appreciated.  I'm really bad about just tearing into something I know nothing about and taking hours and hours trying to get it back together again.  Thanks for the help.
guns762
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to get Numrich's book. It has nearly every gun ever made in an exploded diagram & what parts they sell for it.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya, I've got Gunparts' book, but the drawing isn't that "exploded", and I still can't figure out which part to replace, even though I've read through each part's name.  Some help would greatly be appreciated.
guns762
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I'd maybe go to a gun show & try to find some old geezer who knows these guns. There's some CDs with gun diagrams on them but I think they're the modern guns.

If push comes to shove, have a good gunsmith work on it. The bill might be more than the gun is worth, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top