Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 3:59:47 PM EDT
I tried shooting a Kahr K series handgun and absolutely hated the trigger pull. It was not just the weight but the length of the trigger pull. I was curious if anyone else dislikes the stock trigger or if it is just me. Maybe I'm used to my Glock 19 which I love.

Is there is a Kahr certified technician kind of along the lines of a Glock Armorer who can shorten the trigger pull?

I would like to know because I liked everything else about the Kahr especially it concealability. Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You might look into upgrading to a Kahr Elite trigger assembly.  This shortens the trigger pull length slightly.

I think you're just used to the much shorter Glock trigger mechanism.  
This is similar to the complaints of people who are used to single action autos like the 1911, who convert to a Glock.  

The Glock trigger "stinks" to a dyed-in-the-wool 1911 shooter.

The Kahr trigger was designed to feel like a good S&W revolver DA trigger action.

If you practice with a Kahr, they definitely grow on you.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:49:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I Love my 1911's but I prefer the kahr trigger to the glock.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I also really appreciate the Kahr trigger.  It is the lightest smoothest DAO pull of any of the guns I own.

It's fairly long but light, with little to no stacking at the end of the pull.  

I abhor the mushy sproingy snap of the Glock trigger.  If they made the trigger out of metal it would really improve the feel.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#4]
ken-mays you hit the nail on the head describing the glock trigger.mushy spongy snap.i never could master it i had a g22 .40 cal and a g21 .45acp.if only i could get used to that triger.i too am a spoiled 1911 sigle action trigerguy.
btw the smith and wesson sigma is not only mushy spongy but it wares to the point of not working.glock triger is great compared to the sick ma.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#5]
 A young lady I shoot with from time to time has a Khar and I liked it a lot.  It's a very smooth pull...long, yes, but smooth.  She shoots it pretty well, too.  When it comes to things like this it is sort of a "whatever works for you" type thing.  A 1911 or P35 HP works for me, Glocks work for others and some like revolvers....just one of those things.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ken-mays you hit the nail on the head describing the glock trigger.mushy spongy snap.

Stock Glock triggers are exactly as descibed.
However, the NY trigger retrofit which Glock performed free of charge on my then new early version 19 affords a firm take-up from the beginning with an 8 lb pull. It was designed to make the Glock more litigation resistant but has the side-effect of a firm but much more "normal" feeling trigger.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had the NY Plus spring as well as the Plus connector and I would have to say that, IMO, they don't make the trigger feel any better.  They just increased the trigger weight and made the stupid little trigger safety lever dig into my finger that much more.  Not fun to shoot at all.  The Glock trigger would be very nice if you could replace the flexible plastic trigger with its ill conceived lever with a solid aluminum trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top