Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:56:44 PM EDT
I'm getting the concensus that most people just don't like the new Steyr M-A1 series.hy,
Or tell me if you do like them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The design had some promise, and they do not make junk.  However, with Steyr's current US import status that gun is something of an orphan.  Plus mags and holsters are nearly impossible to find.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Steyr M40 and I am very pleased with it. I think Steyr handguns are one of the best deals on the market right now, I only paid $280 with two mags.

I think the reason why the new Steyr M-A1 is not selling so well is because the Steyr M9 and M40 did not sell well when is was marketed by GSI.

The Steyr takes a little bit to get used to. The sights are different and so is the grip, but after a few mags it shoots and points very well.

Also the Steyr has a safety which is kind of nice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The design had some promise, and they do not make junk.  However, with Steyr's current US import status that gun is something of an orphan.  Plus mags and holsters are nearly impossible to find.  

I agree.  I'd like to get one (one of a long list), but it's not too near the top for the simple fact that they don't seem too well supported as Steyr has a very minimal presence over here.

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Biggest problem with any Steyr stuff is going to be parts and aftermarket support.

Ask me how I know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top