Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 7:02:31 AM EDT
Just curious if anyone has handled or purchased this particular model. I like the design but would like to know more about it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:45:00 AM EDT
I have the earlier M40 version (which IMHO looks much better than the new A1 models).
The trigger is way, way better than on a Glock. It's more like a decent single stage trigger.
Ergonomics are great, should work well for both larger and smaller hands. Angle of the grip is good for "natural pointing", more like a Parabellum than a 1911.
The triangle sights are a matter of opinion, personally I like them a lot.
Accurate, reliable.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:08:18 AM EDT
I had an S40 and it was a good solid pistol. I would rather have the full size 9mm though and yes the trigger is better than my Glocks and I think the frame was stronger also but that is just my opinion. The only reason I sold my Steyer was that my youngest boy who I sort of got it for had a hard time with it. I wish I would have kept it for my self and just got another 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:14:08 AM EDT
I have an S9, good solid pistol.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:51:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 1:56:39 PM EDT by LVMIKE]
I have an S9. I really like shooting the pistol, but with I had bought an M9 or waited on an M9A1.

Trigger is better then a glock (having learned to shoot handguns on a 19, I can say this with confidence) and the sights are fast for siluitte shooting. I found myself firing a shot and as the gun came back from recoil firing the next shot as soon as I saw the triangle complete in the rear sight. Good rapid fire groups were easy to produce for my skill level (I'm not great, this is just relative to my other pistols), but the sights made them a bit faster. I felt much more comfortable switching targets or point of aim (2 chest 1 head drills) with my steyr then I do with even my P7. Mine has jammed up once in maybe 800 rounds. I think it operator induced as I REALLY limp wristed the pistol by shooting one handed with my off hand and relaxing the wrist completely.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:15:44 PM EDT
I've been very interested in this pistol for awhile. I was thinking about a G19, but I will definitely have to try the MA1 first now... I hadn't really heard much of anything about it, but you guys all seem to have very positive experiences with it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:49:29 PM EDT
Thanks for the responses! I'm wondering if the dimensions of both old and new are similar. I guess before I would buy one I need to know what kind of holsters are available. It seems the M-A1 is fairly new so holster selection may be a little scant right now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:30:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hagakure:
Thanks for the responses! I'm wondering if the dimensions of both old and new are similar. I guess before I would buy one I need to know what kind of holsters are available. It seems the M-A1 is fairly new so holster selection may be a little scant right now.

It is just a tad larger than a GLOCK 19 and has a similar grip angle. One of my buddies has one and I he really likes it. He bought it used at Gander Mountain for $225.
Top Top