Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/15/2002 7:10:24 AM EDT
I'm thinking of buying another hi-cap 1911 based pistol to go along with my Para-Ordnance P1445. I have a bunch of extra pre-ban mags for the Para, so I would prefer either another P1445 (maybe a Limited) or another brand that will accept the Para mags. I've looked at STI (expensive, race oriented) and Springfield's hicap model, which I like. Does anyone know if the hicap Springfield has a ramped barrel like the Para pistols? Anyone have any experience with Springfield's 1911 clones? Good? Bad?
Right now I am leaning toward another Para, but would like some outside opinions. I like the fact that the Springfield is USA made and is parkerized. Let's hear it!
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 11:21:02 AM EDT
Go for a polymer Kimber. You can modify the para mags so they will work in either gun...
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 2:08:06 PM EDT
I looked at the Kimber, but I just like steel framed 1911's better. Nothing against poly guns though (I have a Glock), and one of these days I going to get a USP of one form or another. My local dealer carrys all three brands, but doesn't have a hi-cap Springfield for me to look at. I really like the ramped barrel of the Para. Mine eats everything I've tried without a jam.
Top Top