Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 9:35:46 PM EDT
Ok...so I just turned 21 about 4 months ago, and have purchased 4 pistols since then (plus my dad has a HUGE gun collection)

I've got:

HK: USP .45f, USP .40f, USP .40c, P7 PSP,

Benelli M1 Super 90

My next purchases are a HK P2000sk in 9mm, and a USP .45c Stainless. It never freakin ends!

And here's my "to get" list

hK P2000

HK P9s

Glock 17 (9mm)

Glock 23

Glock 29 (10 mm)

Glock 19?

Desert Eagle .50AE

S&W 500

Springfield Armory TRP Pro Rail Custom

Colt Anaconda

Colt Python

Sig P228

Sig P226

Ruger SP101

Benelli m3 Super 90

AI Arctic Warfare? Not legal in Cali?

winchester x2

springfield m1a socom ii

Is there any I can knock out on this list? I seriously need money for other hobbies. I'm addicted, and I don't really want to be addicted to guns. :\

Not to mention when I move out of Cali I have a whole other list!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]
in my opinion:
scrap the glock 17 and get the 34.  I'd add a glock 20 10mm to that list as well.  a Taurus raging bull in .454 casull would be something that'll make you grin at the range as well.  a browning/fn hi power would be a great addition as well.

edit: as for the glock 19 idea, get the 23, then add a glock 19 barrel and mags to get a dual purpose pistol
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:47:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sounds OK, for  a start...

This group is going to add to your list, not the other way around...  You should know that by now.

So here goes...

Browning Hi-Power!

Also, no list is too long. You always need to add just 1 more to it.

Welcome to the world of gun addiction. If you sell any, I can guarentee seller's remorse!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:37:50 AM EDT
[#4]

How Many is enough?

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:48:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Ignore the following if your goal in firearms ownership is to have a collection that you can post pics of on the internet and get the other inter-dweebs jealous.  If you're interested in owning tools not collector elvis plates, read on.

I used to be headed down the path of piles and piles of useless metal, wood, and plastic cluttering up the place.

My advice is to find a platform that works well for you, both handgun and rifle, and stick to it.  For me it's the 1911 and the AR platform.  I'm selling or have sold off everything else.  I have .22 caliber conversions for both so I can plink, be really quiet (suppressor on order), or teach newbies.

I also got tired of having a bunch of different calibers cluttering up the place.  I'm sticking with .45, 5.56 and .22 LR for now.  Eventually I might get back into .308 with an AR10 or two.  I also may get a Colt Mustang in .380 for a deep concealment gun.

If the HK USP platform works for you then I'd stick with that.  The biggest problem I see with doing that is that I don't know of any .22 conversions for it.  The nice thing about a .22 conversion is that even when you're plinking you're still training in terms of sight picture and trigger control.

Go compete and get training.  It will quickly expose the weakness of owning many different platforms.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:10:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ignore the following if your goal in firearms ownership is to have a collection that you can post pics of on the internet and get the other inter-dweebs jealous.  If you're interested in owning tools not collector elvis plates, read on.

I used to be headed down the path of piles and piles of useless metal, wood, and plastic cluttering up the place.

My advice is to find a platform that works well for you, both handgun and rifle, and stick to it.  For me it's the 1911 and the AR platform.  I'm selling or have sold off everything else.  I have .22 caliber conversions for both so I can plink, be really quiet (suppressor on order), or teach newbies.

I also got tired of having a bunch of different calibers cluttering up the place.  I'm sticking with .45, 5.56 and .22 LR for now.  Eventually I might get back into .308 with an AR10 or two.  I also may get a Colt Mustang in .380 for a deep concealment gun.

If the HK USP platform works for you then I'd stick with that.  The biggest problem I see with doing that is that I don't know of any .22 conversions for it.  The nice thing about a .22 conversion is that even when you're plinking you're still training in terms of sight picture and trigger control.

Go compete and get training.  It will quickly expose the weakness of owning many different platforms.

+1.  i shoot on a limited budget so i have decided to buy only 9mm.  all of my handguns are that caliber.  if you are on a budget you might want to think about that.  but with all the buying you are doing right now it doesn't sound like you have cost issues at all.  i might pick up a .22lr soon because ammo is just wicked cheap.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Which do you shoot the best?

Do you reload?  If you do not then you are missing 1/2 the fun.  Seriously, try reloading prior to buying another firearm.  .45ACP is probably the best caliber to reload for if you are starting out in reloading.  I started to reload in college (due to neccessity) and it really was worth the time and expense.  

I have owned a lot of different handguns over the years but I only retain the handguns that I shoot the best.  Firearms ownership is a journey for me and I don't have a lot of seller's remorse.  Buyer's remorse a few times, though.  

Consider a form of competition if you don't already compete.  It really doesn't matter much which handgun shooting sport you fancy- they will all make you a better (technical) shooter.  That will lead to you becomming a trigger snob, so beware.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I notice not a single 1911 on your list, you're missing one of the great gratifications in handgunning.  Once you get bit by that particular bug, you'll have a list of just 1911's that's as long as your current wish list.

I'd add a Les Baer or comparable quality 1911 to the list.  Buy it next and see if the 1911 thing is for you or not.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep going on them pistols.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#10]
As long as there is a firearm you don't have you don't have enough.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I notice not a single 1911 on your list, you're missing one of the great gratifications in handgunning.  Once you get bit by that particular bug, you'll have a list of just 1911's that's as long as your current wish list.

I'd add a Les Baer or comparable quality 1911 to the list.  Buy it next and see if the 1911 thing is for you or not.  

I have a very nice Springfield on my list...and I already have have two 1911s. I just don' t think they are that great of a platform, plus you can only have 8 rounds. And I don't need a longer list, hah.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#12]
testimony withdrawn
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you REALLY need to ask?

Do you not know the OFFICIAL motto of ar15.com?

GET BOTH (or in your case, them ALL!!)

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#14]
87!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#15]
"Note to self... get more guns," hangs above my gun locker.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Personally, I'd scrap the ruger SP101 and instead get yourself a S&W 65 or 13 with a 3" barrel.  

While you may doubt, get yourself a K frame magnum with a 3" and you will become a believer...

My 65-5 3" is on the list of "will be sold over my dead body" pistols because I love that thing so much.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#17]
you aint the only one...i turned 21 4 months ago too and my saved up $$$$s and rifle collection has taken a beating

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:17:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Whatever you can afford, safely store and enjoy.  That's my moto.  

Max
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:57:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Don't forget the Springfield XD 45 comming out
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:30:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

This is the by far the best post in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1000
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#22]
You can never have enough.

Options = versatility

More importantly, guns are fun and a great past time.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You can never have enough.

Options = versatility

More importantly, guns are fun and a great past time.  

Yea but when does that pastime become an obsession....?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've heard enough.

ETA:  It must really suck to live in Kali, what with so many of the best toys being off limits and all.  What good is an Elvis plate collection if you can't shoot at 'em with with a Barrett?  Or even an AR, for gosh sake.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I dont understand the question?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My advice is to find a platform that works well for you, both handgun and rifle, and stick to it.......

Heck yes it is!  I have a few oddball pistols in the safe.  But I've been trying to streamline my cache so as to have commonality and interchangeability amongs the MAGS/AMMO etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top