Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 2:34:38 PM EDT
I found an HK USP Compact .45 with a stainless slide brand new in the box, and I am tempted...

Any opinions in this weapon as a CCW piece?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I found an HK USP Compact .45 with a stainless slide brand new in the box, and I am tempted...

Any opinions in this weapon as a CCW piece?

I carried mine for awhile . I found it to be a little too thick
for my likes . Other then that , it's a damn fine weapon .

ETA

I was also disappointed the HK never came through with
the 10 rd mags after listing them TBA for 2 years .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been carrying my USPC ss .45 for 4 years now.  Almost 11,000 rounds and not that first hiccup.  It is my favorite pistol even moreso than the Tac, Expert, Elite, full size, Socom...
It is the one pistol that comes up and points so naturally I do not need to use the sights to put the bullet on target.  There is little to be done to the pistol to improve it.  A match trigger MIGHT be nice but since this is my carry piece, the trigger on it suits me just fine and the match trigger is not available for the Compact anyway.  I did replace the sights with MMC adjustable night sights so I could sight it in the way I wanted it.  Other than that the pistol is just about perfect.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep in mind I have been carrying Glocks for a long time... so I am used the thick grips, and such.  I dont think the size will be all that much of an issue, what I am concerned about is how reliable the weapon is (reliability is #1 in a CCW weapon IMHO).  

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry a 9c, but the cocked and locked action is the same. I love it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I alway thought they were a lil thick to but I'm not the one carring it, you are.
Dont get me wrong I LOVE H&K.  Ive never had a problem with them in all my shootn days.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:32:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Can anyone suggest a good carry holster, or a source of HK mags?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I love Comptac C.T.A.C. holsters for concealed carry, and CDNN usually has some of the best prices on magazines.
www.cdnninvestments.com
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:24:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I've CC'ed mine for three years, and love it.  About 6000 rds and no failures.  Very accurate for the shorter barrel too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#9]
What do these go for brand new???
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Can someone tell me what the recoil on the USP compact .45 is like... I have shot the full size with no problems at all... some tell me its pretty stout, and others say not so much.  

I have shot a number of commander sized .45s with no worries, but I hear that the HK is much worse due to the light weight.  

Your opinions?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#11]
The full size and the Compact have little difference in recoil

Mt USP9C is my daily carry and I trust it like no other.

ETA - I'm no fan of Tu-Tone guns.  I like all black.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I love Comptac C.T.A.C. holsters for concealed carry, and CDNN usually has some of the best prices on magazines.
www.cdnninvestments.com

+1 on the Comp-tac......that's how I carry my USPc40.  My USPc45 doesn't see as much action since I got the USPc40, only because I like having the 4 extra rounds.  YMMV
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Keep in mind I have been carrying Glocks for a long time... so I am used the thick grips, and such.  I dont think the size will be all that much of an issue, what I am concerned about is how reliable the weapon is (reliability is #1 in a CCW weapon IMHO).  

Carry with no worries then if you are going to carry the HK.  I have three and thousands of rounds through them not one malfunction yet.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#14]
USP=one of the best.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Recoil isn’t especially stout – the polymer frame seems to act as shock absorber.  Plus there’s a hard plastic (nylon?) buffer of some sort at the end of the recoil spring guide.

OTOH, the high bore axis (and lightweight polymer frame) does give a bit of flip, which slows down your recovery.

And for me, that doggone slide is a bit too wide for a CCW piece.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top