Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 6:49:39 AM EDT
At the last "fun-show" at Chantilly, I saw a used SA ported V-10; I hadn't heard SA had made one.  Though I didn't purchase it out of concern of a chopped-and-bobbed .45 that used ports, has anyone used one?

Ed
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot their V-10 & V-12 models. It's ok, nothing special in .45acp due to the slower speed of that caliber. Downside is, the vent blast will blacken any front sight blade you use, not a good thing for an expensive night sight front blade, IMO.

Accuracy was no better or no worse than any other SA in its size. I think Springfield offered these as a fairly inexpensive option to do with CNC machines & they took it. Most folks who have owned ported guns will tell you the faster velocities work best in the muzzle brakes, i.e. 357mag.

Seems like I recall some of these ported guns having some broken slides? This was several years ago, I'm not sure if it was SA or not?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top