Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2002 8:21:49 AM EDT
I have a new CZ 75 with non ajustable sights. It shoots a couple inches to the left, even from the bench rest postion.
The sights have no adjustments. Is there a way to adjust the sights? Do I need to bring it to a smith and have new ones installed?

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to move the rear sight in its channel to the leftright slightly. Brownell sells a universal sight pusher in the $100 range that will do the job. You can also do it yourself with a brass punch and hammer.

I sandwich the slide between to pieces of smooth pine board and lock it down in a bench vise. Then use a brass punch and hammer to tap the sight to its desired location. Take care not to mar the slide or sight.

edited cuz sometimes I don't know my right from my left
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Drift rear sight to the right, but first make sure you are not pulling the shots. Maybe even let someone else try it to verify alignment. For some reason, I was guilty of pulling Glocks a little to the left at first. After use of a brass punch/drift, I use a Q-tip soaked with hoppes #9 to remove the brass mark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top