Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 6:59:13 PM EDT
They don't like to drop free as easily.

I drop my mags on the deck frequently doing reloads, so they get all sorts of dust/dirt/sand on them. I was lazy about cleaning my gun when I went to the range on Labor Day. I went back to the range today and my magazines from my S&W M&P9 had trouble dropping free. I guess they're a little more finicky than Mec-Gar magazines because I treated my P226 mags like crap and they still flew out of the magwell at 1000 mph.

Just thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread was a let down....

Anyway, I'd just make sure the inside of your grip where the magazine resides isn't fowled by any dirt, mud, or debris.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wipe off your mags with an oily rag, problem solved. Also depending on the finish of the mags some might be slicker and drop free easier than others. Mec-gar has a nice slick finish on most their mags which i like.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]
How "dirty" were the mags???
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How "dirty" were the mags??? [img] [img]

Yeah were they like spank my ass dirty?   The OP just did that to get people to click on it. HUGE letdown.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top