Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 3:08:15 AM EDT
What do you guys think of the Arg. HP? If they are like the Colt Sistema's I am getting one. Easy to get parts? Thanks
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They are just as good as the FN ones, everything but the finish. Trust me, i should know :)
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one.  I like it quite a bit.  It's been the best one I've owned.  

Ross
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up one of the FM Detective Hi Powers from FAC.  Bitch was tighter than a virgin in a convent.  When they refinished it they parked everything and put in a new sear and hammer.  Not kidding when I say the trigger pull was around 30 pounds.  After 350 rounds through it things have loosened up, pull is around 15 pounds.  Another few hundred rounds and it should be pretty sweet.  For $264.24 shipped to my dealer its a bargain!  Perhaps the best value out there right now in a high capacity combat proven handgun.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just picked up one of the FM Detective Hi Powers from FAC.  Bitch was tighter than a virgin in a convent.  When they refinished it they parked everything and put in a new sear and hammer.  Not kidding when I say the trigger pull was around 30 pounds.  After 350 rounds through it things have loosened up, pull is around 15 pounds.  Another few hundred rounds and it should be pretty sweet.  For $264.24 shipped to my dealer its a bargain!  Perhaps the best value out there right now in a high capacity combat proven handgun.

Mine wasn't that tight, but I'll agree that it's a great value for the money.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]
If you just want a shooter the Argentines are fine. My Argie wasn't as well finished as a Browning High-Power (BHP) and when I had rough spots polished out the frame in front of the grip gave out. If you want a show piece or platform gun go with a BHP. Regards, Richard
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one, I use it for steel plates, it works fine.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't wait, I am ordering mine tomorrow from my local dealer.  I should have it delivered from SOG by the week's end.

It's all I can afford right now, laid off.  I figure it will tide me over til I'm working again and can get a new one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top