Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 1:09:27 PM EDT
Gents,

I am interested in purchasing a Hi Power.  It is used and in decent shape.  The barrel looks sharp, finish is ok and it is made in Belgium and assembled in portugal.  It comes with 2 factory mags.  Is 479 too much?

Thanks

Max
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what your definitions of "decent shape" and "okay finish" are, but new FN MKIII Hi Powers are running in the neighborhood of $585. As long as the gun you're looking at isn't too beat, it sounds fair.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Jim,

Decent shape, it was owned by a retired Marine.  It is clean but it has been used.  The finish has some minor blemishes, but nothing that will interfere with it's function.  I have a bunch of mags for this thing and I have always wanted one but did not know much about these pistols.   Is there anything else I should be looking for?  It gas the Pachmyr rubber wrap around grips is that factory?

Thanks

Max
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if a Marine owned it there's no doubt it's a clean gun! Yes, some models came with the rubber wrap-arounds. My Practical Model did & I changed them out for the regular wood grips.

$479 is a **bit** high for a used HP, IMO. OTOH, buying from your buddy will allow you to skip the sales tax on a used gun.

Of course, I haven't seen any High Powers lately at gun shows so the scarcity may account for the bit higher asking price?

I use my HP for IDPA matches & it's just super!!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Well my roommate just bought an Inglis Hipower for $350 plus tax with an Inglis marked high cap mag... a very good deal.

I just picked up an FM Hipower Detective from FAC for $264.24 with one 10 round mag.  It has a new slide and barrel and was arsenal refinished.  There is some minor pitting on the frame, but my smith says he can remove the pitting and refinish the whole gun for $100 - including matching all the serial numbers as the new slide and barrel have one number and the frame another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top