Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 7:17:09 PM EDT
Hi guys picked up a new browning pro 9 pistol. I must say browning makes a quality weapon. It out shot my glock 17 in the accuracy department big time. I might retire my glock and use my pro 9 for duty.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
thinking of getting one myself for first handgun ..been looking alot pro 9 just seems right.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:18:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Browning didn't make it.

FN Herstal did. They call it the FNP9. It's been rebranded in the US as the Browning Pro 9.

www.fnherstal.com/html/FNP9.htm

world.guns.ru/handguns/hg129-e.htm

I think they're neat too. Not too much publicity though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#3]
All I know is that it is accurate.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#4]
This is somewhat true.

The US can get either the FNP-9 made by FN in S Carolina or they can get the Browning Pro-9.

You will see the Browning more than the FN version.  I have the FNP-9.

FN Mfg makes the entire FNP-9 at their location.

The lower on the Browning is mfg by FN, but, I am not sure if the slide is done at the same location.  I believe the slide is done in Utah.

If the pistol is all black=FNP-9
If it has stainless slide=Browning Pro-9.

Same gun, but you will pay a heck of a lot more for the Browning name and the ss slide.

Also, FN Herstal owns Browning and Winchester.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top