BCM
User Panel

CP33 (Page 7 of 8)
Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:19:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jmt1271:
Got the sling sorted. Finally got my DA Mask, and with the olight it works but I hate the way the light mounts so far off the gun.

Anyone have any suggestions for a more streamlined option?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49348/20220601_193456_jpg-2406622.JPG
View Quote

Haley drop-wing pic mount on the top rail would have it offset. That is what I'm thinking of doing.

I know it works for scout. Not sure on O light stuff.

Dropped to an absolute height mount. Looks better. Might just rattle can this thing and call it done.

Keep debating on sbring it or selling it ha. Just need to keep it and shoot it.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
https://i.imgur.com/PGyazng.jpg
View Quote

Looking good. Going to SBR it or keep it as is?

My MP7 base plates gave out on me this weekend. I think they baked in the summer sun a bit long and the lips couldn't handle the spring tension. I'll have to go back to the Keltec 50's.

Mine still doesn't like to feed that first round but runs great after that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Looking good. Going to SBR it or keep it as is?

My MP7 base plates gave out on me this weekend. I think they baked in the summer sun a bit long and the lips couldn't handle the spring tension. I'll have to go back to the Keltec 50's.

Mine still doesn't like to feed that first round but runs great after that.
View Quote

Prolly sbr it. It looks so much better with the VFG.

Damn that sucks. Well at least the keltec 50's are always an option.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Back to the 50 rounders after my MP7 plate failures. I've found these to be easier to load by hand than with the mag loader and I've gotten to like packing a full box in there and not having to count.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
@houlster do you sell your adapter?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]

For sure. I'm super impressed with their service.

And actually love the gun. The trigger is phenomenal and it's very accurate, compact package.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know of an .stl file for the lower?  I'd like to make a few mods but rather not start from scratch if I don't have to.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jmt1271:

For sure. I'm super impressed with their service.

And actually love the gun. The trigger is phenomenal and it's very accurate, compact package.
View Quote

Glad to hear that their service is ok. That was always my hang up with KT’s guns feeling cheap. I was nervous about having to deal with warranty returns/repairs. The CP33 is my favorite KT gun that I’ve ever owned, so hoping I don’t have any issues.

I agree that the trigger is great and accuracy is very impressive.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I recently noticed a couple of my mags had cracks near the back of the lips. put in a warranty request ticket and within an hour i had more mags on the way.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By evnash:
I recently noticed a couple of my mags had cracks near the back of the lips. put in a warranty request ticket and within an hour i had more mags on the way.
View Quote

@evnash

Approximate round count on those magazines? Stored loaded?
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Nate19:

@evnash

Approximate round count on those magazines? Stored loaded?
View Quote

pretty sure they were the two that came with the gun. id say less than 500 per mag. yes stored loaded
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Back to the 50 rounders after my MP7 plate failures. I've found these to be easier to load by hand than with the mag loader and I've gotten to like packing a full box in there and not having to count.

https://i.imgur.com/wq6hayl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/L0XVUlG.jpg
View Quote

Where’d you get that riser
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ghostgunnerX:

Where’d you get that riser
View Quote

I chopped this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071NV6NKJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In other news it looks like Cornwell is back up again and doing the MP7 baseplates. They look great but mine did fall apart after sitting in the hot sun this summer so I'm just sticking with the KT 50 rounders.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#16]
How many magazines do these come with? One or two? Saw a used one today for $450, but no box and only one mag. I passed as I feared it maybe a lemon or that a new one may come with 2 mags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:
How many magazines do these come with? One or two? Saw a used one today for $450, but no box and only one mag. I passed as I feared it maybe a lemon or that a new one may come with 2 mags.
View Quote

Generally, one. You can purchase a new CP33 for less than that though...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By hoothrewpoo:

Generally, one. You can purchase a new CP33 for less than that though...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/270048/CP33_JPG-2686915.JPG
View Quote

^perfect
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

I should come out to $310 by the time it’s all done and I pick it up.

Ordered 4 mags off CDNN for $36 a piece
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58387/4B0B5CEF-BCE4-4ED6-BB14-734E48BAE730_png-2690589.JPG

I should come out to $310 by the time it’s all done and I pick it up.

Ordered 4 mags off CDNN for $36 a piece
View Quote

Great price! Been eyeing those ~$36 CDNN magazines also.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I didn't like how the FarrowTech brace/stock only relies on you not pulling it too hard to prevent the thing from flying off when you deploy it.  So I took some 8-32 internally threaded 1/4x1" aluminum spacers and turned them down to fit inside the FarrowTech tubes and epoxied them in place.  8-32 button heads are too small, so I ordered some truss head screws for it.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Question for all of you that have braces on your CP33 pistols.

Are you going to remove the brace or register your pistol as a SBR now that the brace rule is in effect?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:  Question for all of you that have braces on your CP33 pistols.

Are you going to remove the brace or register your pistol as a SBR now that the brace rule is in effect?
View Quote

Or just not comply, and wait for a Federal judge to ask,"Now which position on these braces are you wanting me to uphold?  When you said they couldn't, then they could, then they could shoulder them, then they couldn't, then they could, now they can't?"
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Problem solved!  I can rip it as hard as I want and the rods aren't going to fly out of the adapter like they used to.

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By November5:
Problem solved!  I can rip it as hard as I want and the rods aren't going to fly out of the adapter like they used to.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173129/C8A862BE-97E4-48E3-BFD2-E75711780732-2704665.jpg

View Quote

Nicely done!
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Haley drop-wing pic mount on the top rail would have it offset. That is what I'm thinking of doing.

I know it works for scout. Not sure on O light stuff.

Dropped to an absolute height mount. Looks better. Might just rattle can this thing and call it done.

Keep debating on sbring it or selling it ha. Just need to keep it and shoot it.

https://i.imgur.com/V0vMCc7.jpg
View Quote

What riser is this?
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone thought of 3d printing a shell to resemble the mp7 from the frame up?

Saw a 3d printed Glock upper that modeled an mp7 that looked really cool.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

The MP7 at home cleared today!

These would be so awesome with a giggle switch
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I know this post is old but can you post a parts list? Trying to replicate what you have here.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone still alive in here? CP33s are awesome.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Gonna live dangerously and post an SBR in the pistol forum...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Has anyone set one up as a "Cheek Pistol" a'la Demonstrated Concepts?
Any long term or extensive shooting impressions in that configuration?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Has anyone set one up as a "Cheek Pistol" a'la Demonstrated Concepts?
Any long term or extensive shooting impressions in that configuration?
View Quote

I have, but I am still new to this thing and haven’t been able to truly ring it out. It does feel intuitive once the optic is mounted.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone still alive in here? CP33s are awesome.
View Quote
Alive and well! My cp33 is used at my brother's when I visit. It just works all the time and I love it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone try a 3X prism optic on theirs? I was thinking about trying one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Muzap:
Gonna live dangerously and post an SBR in the pistol forum...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/400160/CP33_jpg-2844626.JPG
View Quote
The CP33 almost begs to be turned into a registered SBR. And I have thought about doing it to my CP33 at times.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
Anyone try a 3X prism optic on theirs? I was thinking about trying one.
View Quote

I have the primary arms 3x on mine. Like it quite a bit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:10:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone looking for a 3D printed AFG? I have one that I’m not using that I would be happy to pass along to a fellow CP33’er for the cost of shipping. PM me for pictures.
View Quote

Damn, I just ordered one from Haga Defense for my new-to-me '33.

Haven't even shot it yet, and it's already turning into a moneypit, lol.
Afg, mag extensions, dot sight, MORE mags w/extensions, probably gonna finally get a can...
I don’t see this ending anytime soon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Zardoz:

Damn, I just ordered one from Haga Defense for my new-to-me '33.

Haven't even shot it yet, and it's already turning into a moneypit, lol.
Afg, mag extensions, dot sight, MORE mags w/extensions, probably gonna finally get a can...
I don't see this ending anytime soon.
View Quote
If you don't have the speed loader you'll hate the gun the first time you shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't own nor have I used any type of loader for my CMR/PRM or CP33 magazines. I did load them to full capacity and let them sit a day then unload/reload and repeat that process a few times.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
I don't own nor have I used any type of loader for my CMR/PRM or CP33 magazines. I did load them to full capacity and let them sit a day then unload/reload and repeat that process a few times.
View Quote
I'd recommend one anyway, the speed loader isn't even that fast, it just makes sure the rounds are consistently placed exactly where they should go and prevents rim lock.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Tommy Built is coming out with a MLOK folding MP7 grip. Could be a great fit for a SBR CP33.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd recommend one anyway, the speed loader isn't even that fast, it just makes sure the rounds are consistently placed exactly where they should go and prevents rim lock.
View Quote

I haven’t run into an issue stacking the magazines correctly but you do have to pay attention to what you are doing. I did get a CP33 speed loader in a package deal on the EE though, so I’ll give it a try next time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
I haven't had any issues loading the CMR/PRM or CP33 magazines by hand and I haven't had issues with rim lock.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#45]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173129/C8A862BE-97E4-48E3-BFD2-E75711780732-2704665.jpg

View Quote

@November5

Can you share how you did that? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 7:53:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#46]

@November5

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@November5

Go a couple posts up from that one.  The 1/4" diameter spacers were from the local hardware store.  I did have to turn them down slightly.  If you don't have a lathe, a power drill and sandpaper will work.  They're threaded 8-32.  I used DevCon epoxy.  And the screws are 8-32 truss head screws that I got from KnifeKits.com.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Go a couple posts up from that one.  The 1/4" diameter spacers were from the local hardware store.  I did have to turn them down slightly.  If you don't have a lathe, a power drill and sandpaper will work.  They're threaded 8-32.  I used DevCon epoxy.  And the screws are 8-32 truss head screws that I got from KnifeKits.com.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Just picked up one of the FDE pistols through PSA and now I’m looking to SBR it.

Where are you guys engraving your sbr info? I see that the manufacturer info and S/N are engraved through the little window behind the grip.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Landsat8:
Just picked up one of the FDE pistols through PSA and now I’m looking to SBR it.

Where are you guys engraving your sbr info? I see that the manufacturer info and S/N are engraved through the little window behind the grip.
View Quote

Just following up. My stamp cleared today and I need to get this engraved some time this week. I’m debating on having it engraved on the side of the grip that says Kel-tec.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Careful getting the engraving done.  The outfit that did mine got the laser setting wrong for the plastic, so it turned out a bit ugly, although legal / readable.  They contacted me about it prior to shipping it back to apologize and let me know it was ugly, and they did not charge me for it or for return shipping, so I have no beef with them and will not name them here.  

I got it engraved right behind the serial number plate on the bottom (it's a pretty short trust name), so it's not easy to see with the stock installed unless you're looking for it there.  

Just a word to the wise, though - make sure whoever does it has done a CP33 before and knows what they're doing.
Page / 8
CP33 (Page 7 of 8)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top