Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2003 6:31:59 PM EDT
i was wondering what the quality of an armscor .45 auto is?  i see they can be had for less than $400, and i need another truck/boat gun.  how are they for reliability/jamming, and accuracy?

i am not asking for much, just want to know if they are a good deal or a POS.  

edited to remove the "p" from armscor
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
i would spend the extra $100 and get a nice new Colt 1991A1. NEver had a problem with mine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
They are decent guns.  I purchased mine back in May and put close to 1000 rds through them.  Combat Handguns magazine had a nice write up on them back in the August 2003 issue.  I have the 1911 "Standard" model (as they call them.  It's the same as the 5" Gov't with skeleton trigger/hammer.  Ambi thumb safety, fixed dovetail sights, front and rear slanted serrations on slide,  beveled extractor.  I paid $335 for mine and is one of my CCW's.  Great bang for the buck.  But I'm still saving for my Kimber TLE.

edit to add:

Oh yeah to answer your original question =)

I had some stovepipe issues in the beginning because I thought I was limp wristing it.  I brought it to Armscor (U.S. distributor is here in Nevada) and we did some rounds in the bullet catcher in the warehouse.  Apparently, he told me about a drop spring was installed that was supposed to be only on the ones shipped to CA. (beats me what that means) any way, he fixed it under warranty and no problems since.  I've used USGI mags, Megcars and tried a few Kimbers, and all of them fed nice into the gun.  I tend to shoot better and the gun is more accurate using strong hand only, for some reason.  I function check the thing at least once a week and the parts seems to be holding up real well.  In my best try, I shot 4" groups at 15 yds.  That's with White Box Remington FMJ.  Yeah 4" groups, I'm still a newbie.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I could be wrong about this, so check it further, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that these guys make/import two differently manufactured 1911 designs...not simply two different models of the same gun...and that one of them is much better than the other for only a few $$$ more...have no idea about model / type(s) however.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The Standard Model uses the extnended slide stop has a standard plug and spring in the dust cover.

The Medaillion, OTOH, uses a standard slide stop and full length guide rod along with adjustable rear sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top