Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:14:49 PM EDT
thinking of a loaded full size mc operator PX9105ML for my next weapons purchase.  will be used for rangework, not ccw (micro fills that role).  wondered how others liked theirs.  any necessary changes/upgrades/complaints?  i plan on a surefire p105 also.  thanks.
www.springfield-armory.com/images/pistols/PX9105MLLarge.jpg
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I am considering the same pistol.  Have you gotten yours yet?  I've never had a 1911-type, but I've decided to get one for target and home defense purposes.

Any owner reports would be great!

SP
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on order. The dealer said in could be 2-5 weeks before I see it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought one. Haven't had the chance to really wring it out for accuracy, but I've put about 100 rounds thru it with no malfunctions. I'm using Wilson 47D mags, as it only came with 2 7-rounders.

Since it's already got Novak night sights, the only thing I'm thinking of doing to it is adding a Smith & Alexander magwell/mainspring housing. This would also get rid of the unnecessary ILS lock in the stock mainspring housing.

The stock trigger pull on mine is pretty decent. I'm not planning to do a trigger job right now, other than adjusting the overtravel to get rid of some of the takeup. Fit & finish are great, nice tight lockup and slide to frame fit.

Eventually I want to get a light for the rail, too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#5]
waitin for tax $.  heard the slide and trigger fit were tight, sweet.  your stock sights shoot poa?  my micro was way off so i put an adj rear on.  i plan on doing the same for the full size.
i like the surefire p105 because the lines match up between the back of the bezel and the end of the rail.  looks much cleaner than the full rail or retarded kimber rail.  if i duracoat the bezel od, itll be sweet.
--be mindful when changing the msh that you may have to change other parts as well to compensate.  i dont know the details, but recall someone else doing it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I would suggest you be aware of what it is. I wanted one, but then I realized that the 9105ML is ntohing more than the 9109L that I have now, with a rail. Think about that. That's three hundred bucks for a light rail. If you're going to lay out a grand, put a little more with it and get the 9105L, or save a little cash and get the 9109L.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh, can't see the review, since it was archived.

Anyway I was thinking about a HK but I like the thinner grip of a single stack 1911.  What I want foremost is no FTF or FTE or problems of any kind.

HKs have been known to go upwards of thousands of rounds without failure.

I had a ultra compact springfield and I had some feeding issues with it.  Just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I would like to see someones long term range report of this weapon.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
1 Oh, can't see the review, since it was archived.

2 I had a ultra compact springfield and I had some feeding issues with it.  Just left a bad taste in my mouth.

3I would like to see someones long term range report of this weapon.

1 Membership has its benefits. Some excellent pictures in the thread.

2 Ultra compact 1911s are generally a BAD idea.

3 Haven't seen  many of these for an MC Operator. The above review was several hundred rounds on 2 range trips with no issues. Check out 1911forum.com  for more MC topics.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Membership - Ya I know, but since I am hooked on this forum, I keep spending my money on AR parts and new equipment.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would suggest you be aware of what it is. I wanted one, but then I realized that the 9105ML is ntohing more than the 9109L that I have now, with a rail. Think about that. That's three hundred bucks for a light rail. If you're going to lay out a grand, put a little more with it and get the 9105L, or save a little cash and get the 9109L.

very true.  i like how a full size shoots with a light mounted.  i dont like the full dust cover, but i do like the adj night sights and ext magwell of the 9105L.  bet it shoots great too.

my micro runs great, most problems are caused by dirty chambers or extractors.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top