Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 2:51:31 PM EDT
I own a Springfield XD and I love it. It fits my hand like a glove and shoots just awesome. However, the finish has gotten fairly scratched up over time. I was wondering if anyone knew roughly how much it would cost to send to springfield to refinish.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:39:52 PM EDT
Don't quote me, but I think it's $60 - I checked w/ the Springfield Custom Shop 2 weeks ago about armory coating a 1911, and the turnaround is 6-8 weeks.

I just had a Walther slide matte hard chromed, and I love it - I am sending another gun to them, and will probably send my 1911 to them as well .

I recommend this - $80 + $12 for the shipping fee. Got the gun back in 2 weeks from the day I shipped it.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:11:43 PM EDT
60 isn't bad at all. Even if it's a bit more.

The turnaround is a bit of a problem. But it should be alright if I plan ahead.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:36:56 AM EDT
I've used Canyon Creek for a few things on my XD and his turn time and workmanship are excellent. He uses KG Gun Kote which for me has been very durable. He did mine back in June '05, I use it strickly for competition and its been in and out of my kydex holster 1000's on times with no signs of wear.

You'd have to contact him for an exact turn time but I got mine back in about 7 days door to door when he did my trigger, refinish, & sights.

His site is: http://www.canyon-creek.com/
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:38:08 PM EDT
shipwreck,

That Walther came out nice. May have to consider that for my P99 when it's time to refinish it.

CD
Top Top