Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2005 5:19:15 PM EDT
ive been looking to get a kimber TLE II but ive seen some with internal extractors in pictures but the one at my local gun shop has one with a external. should i look for the internal extractor model or would i be fine with the one at the gun store

thank you
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a TLE II w/external extractor.  I have had zero problems with this design.  In fact the only problems I had were factory mag. related.  That being said if given the choice I would opt for the internal version, only because one has more options with this design.  If you absolutely can't wait then get the external version.  Either way the gun will serve you very well.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I am in the process of getting a Kimber Por CDP. I does have the external extractor. I know it has broken once, but was replaced by Kimber under warranty. I am wondering if the tool steel extractor and wolf spring mentioned in "Kimber External Extractor Problems" is something really worthwhile?

Sigmonster
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Because Kimber has switched back to the internal design you may want to call them and see if they will hook you up with a new slide/internal extractor.  From what I've read and from what Kimber has told me, the external extractor guns will slowly be taken out of production.  As the demand and sales of the traditional design go up this transition will also speed up.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait and go with Internal extractor.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am in the process of getting a Kimber Por CDP. I does have the external extractor. I know it has broken once, but was replaced by Kimber under warranty. I am wondering if the tool steel extractor and wolf spring mentioned in "Kimber External Extractor Problems" is something really worthwhile?

Sigmonster

Would it void the warranty to use the wolf springs?  In the manual it says you can't use anything but Kimber parts for that first year...  

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait for the internal  extractor, even though my Tactical Pro has had the external extractor reworked by the factory, I still don't trust it. Why should so many new guns be returned to the factory for the same problem??? Glock external extractors seem to work while Kembers design is not  a 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]
This gun is a few years old. I will actually be the third owner. Both previous owners are friends of mine. I know the first owner had the extractor break, it was replaced by Kimber under warranty. Would  a Wolf spring help?

Sigmonster
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:37:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This gun is a few years old. I will actually be the third owner. Both previous owners are friends of mine. I know the first owner had the extractor break, it was replaced by Kimber under warranty. Would  a Wolf spring help?

Sigmonster

Well in that case I would give it a try.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#11]
well i took your guy advice i got white elefant to order me a brand new TLE II with the internal extractor directly from kimber.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#12]
At the gun show this past weekend in WPB, Fl, most of  the new inventory of Kimbers ie: TLE, Custom II, Eclips, etc, had internal extracors. Thank you Kimber!!! Now if I could just get a new slide to replace the external type on my Pro Tactical, hummm.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top